stevebo

Bucket List 420 LSE Added to Collection

whfan74

Welcome to the club!!!!  Yours looks amazing......glad you can cross another one off of your list!

image.jpeg

• Like 1

userj8670
8 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

I just got this chrome cleaner polish last month. This is hands down the best chrome rust cleaner polish I have EVER used. period. Trust me that I have tried them all. Every trick. My brothers bike the passenger footboard cover was rust like you never saw. applied this. barley rubbed it in and off. super amazing results. I just wish I took before shots. 

trust me on this.

Glenn

20160606_221125.jpeg

20160606_221037.jpeg

I second this stuff it's amazing.  

As to the leather I would get some conditioner back into it before you polish it.  As stated you need to get some natural oils back into it.  It's skin (just like you hands) and needs some "lotion" every now and then.  If you do polish first  (usually they are a wax) the conditioner won't penetrate.   I am sure you already know all this but just throwing it out there :)

Cheers!

• Like 1

608KEB

Congratulations on your 420LSE purchase!! I used glove oil on the seat and steering wheel on my 420LSE. I also use a leather conditioner.:D

Ken B
17 hours ago, Ken B said:

Nothing really got the leather on my 420's steering wheel to look good, that is until I busted out some black shoe polish. I applied it and hand buffed it. When done it left no residue on my hands. (With all them fine shoes I see you in you gots to have some layin around.) I have some of the best leather cleaner and conditioner you can buy. (not available at stores) I might be able to spare a few squirts... You really want some on the seat to replenish the natural oils in the leather. If the leather is dried out it will crack. Looking good. 

This is what you need. One application really isn't enough, its something you need to do on a regular basis. I got it from Van, not really cheap but ya gotta have it. Especially with leather interior in your trucks and now the 420.

20160616_184533_zpsynumvakd.jpg

stevebo

Just a quick update on this machine. I found an NOS parts lot that I purchased off ebay which included an NOS seat and steering wheel. Here they are installed. The old seat I installed on my 520HC.

IMG_1545.JPG

IMG_1548.JPG

IMG_1711.JPG

IMG_1713.JPG

IMG_1714.JPG

IMG_1715.JPG

• Like 8

Cable

Nothing short of beautiful.   Love the seat.  Did you get the key fob, zippered literature bag, and manuals with it?

The SN is on a decal label on the fender pan right in front of the seat.   My PO had made note of the SN on the owners manual.

Very nice find and excellent job of cleaning her up!

Edited by Cable

stevebo
1 hour ago, Cable said:

Nothing short of beautiful.   Love the seat.  Did you get the key fob, zippered literature, and manuals with it?

The SN is on a decal label on the fender pan right in front of the seat.   My PO had made note of the SN on the owners manual.

Very nice find and excellent job of cleaning her up!

No I did not get the paperwork with it. It did clean up nice for what it was.

Ken B

Looking real sweet Steve. Glad you took a little birdie's advice and stuck the old 420 seat on the newly purchased 520HC. Now you can do a little pimpin on that machine as well...