natelc1979

What models are more heavy duty than a workhorse 800?

natelc1979

My dad has a workhorse 800 that he uses for plowing and grading dirt etc.  Im looking for something similar but a little more heavy duty and a bigger engine. What tractors should i look for? 

WHX??

Put up some pictures of yer dad's 800 and we'll tell you..... :ychain: Seriously anything in the bigger C series ..160 would be my choice but there alot of others would differ, gonna get alot of reponses on this one!

BTY :WRS: 

Phatboy

The Big Daddy 520H !!

wheeledhorseman

Don't forget the 'D' series.

I love the D-200 so much I have two!

Andy

• Like 1

JAinVA

natelc1979,

The question you ask is very suggestive.The members here will give you an answer based on their knowledge ,experience and personal preferences.The basic question should be is what do you want the tractor to do?Mow grass?Till the garden?Push tons of fill dirt?Blow snow?.Depending on your answer and conditions it could be that no garden tractor will do what you want it to do.

I have tractors at my disposal that range from 70 horse power and smaller,.tracked and rubber tired.I drag out what is best suited to my needs.I don't cut grass with the dozers but I don't expect the WH's to do what they can either.Luck,JAinVA

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 1