dwhitt

Mid Mount Grader Blade

dwhitt

Has anyone ever tried to fabricate a mid mount grader blade?

953 nut

:WRS:  There have been a few threads on them, :confusion-confused: can't remember who built them. You can do a search on this site and may be able to find it.

tbarnhart

I built one out of a piece of a cutting edge from a CAT road grader. Its about 5-6 inches high, 1/2 inch thick and curved. I started out trying to lift it with the mower lift bar, but later converted over to a solid link that connects to the rockshaft. Angles right and left, and tilts just slightly each way as well-something the original Wheel Horse blades didn't. It helps to level the blade if the rear tires aren't exactly at the same pressure. I never finished it enough to give it a paint job, but it really works well. I used it several hours last Saturday grading a new drive we put in at the shop. With your foot pushing down on the lift lever, you can cut some pretty hard clay. You will need all the weight you can get in the rear though.

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH
1 minute ago, tbarnhart said:

I built one out of a piece of a cutting edge from a CAT road grader. Its about 5-6 inches high, 1/2 inch thick and curved. I started out trying to lift it with the mower lift bar, but later converted over to a solid link that connects to the rockshaft. Angles right and left, and tilts just slightly each way as well-something the original Wheel Horse blades didn't. It helps to level the blade if the rear tires aren't exactly at the same pressure. I never finished it enough to give it a paint job, but it really works well. I used it several hours last Saturday grading a new drive we put in at the shop. With your foot pushing down on the lift lever, you can cut some pretty hard clay. You will need all the weight you can get in the rear though.

:text-goodpost: :wwp:

• Like 2

tbarnhart

image.jpgHere's a few pics that I took quick with my phone. I haven't ever posted pics from my phone before, so I hope it works well. The slotted piece out the front is left from trying to lift it with the mower lift bar. It needs to be removed and cleaned up then painted. 

image.jpg

• Like 5

SylvanLakeWH
3 minutes ago, tbarnhart said:

image.jpgHere's a few pics that I took quick with my phone. I haven't ever posted pics from my phone before, so I hope it works well. The slotted piece out the front is left from trying to lift it with the mower lift bar. It needs to be removed and cleaned up then painted. 

image.jpg

Nice job! Thanks for posting!!!:bow-blue:

• Like 2

squonk

Here's one I built from a Simplicity mid grader .

• Like 2