Mr. 856

1972 Sears SS15

Mr. 856

I wasn't even looking for a tractor. Matter a fact I'm not far from getting the 856 back together. A local retired guy put up an add for a SS15 with a schlew of attachments. For a whopping $225. I was on it like white on rice. Tank of a tractor with chains, rear weights, and rear concrete block. Came with snow blower, plow, mid mount grader blade, front manual tip bucket, mower deck, sickle mower, a rear plow, and a rear disk harrow. He even delivered the tractor to my house as it was hairy trying to get it into my truck. Have been using her the past two evenings. All original, missing right side foot board, lights dont work(blown fuse). I think I did well. :) pictures to follow.

• Like 3

WHX??

:banana-gotpics:

ACman

That's a steel for all that :ph34r: ! I'd bought it even if it was green and yellow for that price , nea now that I think about it I'd rather poke my eye out  :ROTF:.

• Like 2

Mr. 856

The gentleman I bought it from had one of those nice and shiny green and yellow things he bought this past fall with a blower but never got to use it due to lack of snow. He no longer needed the Sears so I gladly removed it from his hands. Between the bucket and plow I've already done some yard cleanup. Loving this tractor. Seems well built, runs awesome. What more could I ask for? I'd LOVE to find a loader for it. Pics coming!

JC 1965

Those tractors are getting hard to find.  ( Congrats )      P. S.     :wwp:

Mr. 856

Won't let me put any pics up do to size?

Mr. 856

I knew it was to good to be true. Went out to fire her up this morning. She chugged and chugged and then a large plume if smoke came from behind the dash. She shut down and battery isn't even clicking her over. Opened the hood and there was a major meltdown of wiring..........like big time. Winder if the huge mouse nest has anything to do with it? Going to have to pull dash apart to get to wiring and clean out nest. I new it was to good to be true. A $225 tractor with no issues..... Yah right!

Mr. 856

Back alive. New starter switch and solenoid. Not sure what one caused the burn down but both were suspect. Reworked some wiring and whala....shes a runner again. What a pain in the n@%ts to get to the solenoid. Now if I can just download some pics.

• Like 1

Amcwheel85

Other then my horses that style Sears are one of my favorites as I've had plenty! I wanna see it!!! Lol 

• Like 1

ACman

Become a supporter , and posting pics is no problem  :teasing-signhere: ! Go to top of page click on [ Store(SupportRS) ] and pick a package 6 months , year , 2 year , or lifetime . It also helps keep this forum up and running . :wwp:

• Like 1