edwroy

C195 Steering

edwroy

I purchased a reduction steering gear for a 520H. I plan to use it on my C195. Does anyone have tips for replacing? Is it an even swap? Also, will the 195 wheels fit the 520H spindles?

Appreciate any thoughts.

Thank you

Edwroy

• Like 1

roadapples

Pretty straight forward on a standard frame tractor, but isn`t a C195 longer ?

• Like 1

MalMac

Yes, the 195 is longer. I just asked this question for a friend doing his 195 with reduction steering. You have to lengthen the lower steering shaft.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• DennisThornton
      By DennisThornton
      One of the most detailed I've seen.

https://www.homemadetools.net/forum/garden-tractor-loader-videos-85395?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=05-21-21&utm_content=05-21-21-181510&fi=181510#post181510
    • BMW1
      By BMW1
      On my D200, when I turn the steering wheel all the way to the left, it has a tight turn radius, but when I turn it all the way to the right, the turn radius is significantly wider.

The tie rods appear to be adjusted evenly.

Anyone have a similar problem and what was done to fix it?  The steering does have quite a bit of play, at least 1/4 to 1/2 turn of the wheel.

• Off Track Horse
      By Off Track Horse
      Okay, so I just know just enough about engines to do basic care & know when something is wrong.  I have what presented as a hydraulic leak on my 416H with fluid spraying everywhere from under the center of the tractor and it is really only significant when the PTO is engaged.  I took the mowing deck off today expecting to find a cracked hose or loose fitting.  Wrong!  Instead I found fluid coming out from the steering shaft on the opposite side of what I am finding is called the "steering fitting lube" piece on the Toro parts website.  So where it shows part #7 going in the fluid is leaking out of the other side.  I'm really at a loss on this one.

• wheel horse guy
      By wheel horse guy
      Help I just recently porched a D250 to add to my collection and wish to install power steering Hydraulic. I under stand I might be able to find help on this WH forum. Thank you The wheel hoarse guy 
    • Paul Boy
      By Paul Boy
      I need some advice. Worked all afternoon and was unsuccessful at removing the steering wheel from a 1961 Wheel Horse tractor. How is the wheel attached to the steering column?  There appear to be two holes where I suspect that the wheel is secured, but I cannot find a way to loosen any type of a fastener. Has anyone had a problem with this? I have a wheel puller attached but that wheel is really on there. How do I get this off?