• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 953 nut
      I have a few basic electrical system diagrams that are helpful in understanding how the wiring system works. They are not specific to any particular tractor and do not include safety switches. All use the 5 post ignition switches 103-991 for Magneto and 103-990 for Battery Ignition. I failed to include fuses in the Starter Generator drawing, this is an over-site and I would encourage fuses be used as shown in the other two drawings. 
      Hope this is helpful.
      Magneto Ignition system with electric start and solenoid.

Battery powered ignition system with points, condenser, solenoid and electric start.

Battery powered ignition with solenoid, points, condenser, Starter Generator and a mechanical voltage regulator.

We have uncovered a shortcoming in the factory  wiring diagrams for S/G battery ignition systems with a four terminal voltage regulator. The wire from the regulator "Gen" terminal to the S/G  "A" terminal was omitted. This drawing should clear that up.

• By Canaaner
      Ran fine all summer, no blows the dash fuse (10 A) once it's started. Will run momentarily then, fuse blows and nothing. Replaced fuse, ran for a minute then fuse blew again. Any help?
    • By diddy78c
      Last week I was hauling the c-121 back from my daughters softball practice (I used it to drag the diamond) and I made a right hand turn and stopped at the stop sign. As I made the left onto a non busy county road I watched in my right mirror as my horse decided it didn’t want to be trailered any longer. It rolled over 1 completely time and sat on its wheels. Unfortunately it broke some parts and tweaked the hood and deck lower-lift handle. I did manage to put it back on the trailer as a tripod and get it home. Always check your straps and rigging. Found the ratchet failed in my case. And unfortunately i cannot download a picture for this🤨

• By Sirtowsalot
      Howdy y'all!
      I'm having some trouble with my 418-A. I think it is ignition related, but I'm not completely sure. It starts and runs perfectly fine, but when I go to turn it off, it doesn't work. I can just turn the key into the 'off' position and take the key out while the tractor is still running and it will continue to run as if I hadn't turned the key off.

I'm trying to keep this tractor as original as possible, so I don't really want to buy a new ignition. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

*EDIT*
      Wheel Horse 418-A
      Kohler Engine
      18 HP
      Model No. M18QS
      Spec. No. 24510
      Serial No. 1619706606
    • By OILUJ52
      Picked up this 310 the other day and was doing some PM's. Checked under the motor tins and wow, this one was pretty bad!