BMW1

Wheel Horse D180 with Loader weight

BMW1

Approximately how much does a Wheel Horse D180 WITH a loader weigh and about how long is it with the loader as well?  I am wondering how big of trailer I will need to haul this home.  Thanks.  No pictures yet.

stevebo

I hauled one home in a snowstorm in upstate NY on a 5x8' tsc trailer. I would not suggest doing it but I was able to. Had to back in and put loader arms over the back gate. 

• Like 3

82Caddy

25237571852_b8f37caa58_k.jpg

That's on a 16 ft car trailer

• Like 6

KC9KAS

I would guess a trailer of at least 4' X 8' with a load rating of at least 1500#.

• Like 3

953 nut

Check the laws in your state, some states don't allow any part of the load to protrude beyond the trailer. My GT-14 with loader, weights and loaded tires is 1,300 pounds; the "D" will be a bit more. If you are renting a trailed a tandem axle trailer will work better and help keep the load off the tow vehicle.

• Like 1

BMW1

Thanks everyone for the answers and suggestions.  Appreciate the help.

82Caddy

If you need an exact estimate on length, I can get you one this evening.

• Like 3

BMW1

Actually, if you don't mind, I would appreciate that - thanks! 

82Caddy

Missed your response until now. I'll get those measurements once I get home from date night with my wife. 

brandonozz

BMW1 - I had the same problem when I purchased my D and loader - how to haul it around?  From the back of the tires to the front of the loader when resting on the ground is about 10'.  If you have a weight box on the back (or in my case counter weight steel skid I pick up with the 3 PT) you might want to allow for more length.  

As far as weight the tractors dry weight I believe is like 1025 plus the FEL is probably 300 pounds or so.  If you add 300 pounds out back and some wheel weight you should probably plan on 1800 pounds or so.  If purchasing a trailer, I'd make it at least 12' and rated at 2K myself.

• Like 1