wheel1horse

problem with the C-160 I just got

wheel1horse

just got the above machine yesterday.....when i dug it out from under a bunch of stuff i got it to start ok with just a little bit of putterin'.

It was set up as a snowblower only by previous owner (no mower deck)

Now it will only turn over with the key...won't start/even fire....i have no wiring diagram so am pretty well lost at present...I can't find any loose/broken wires either.  I (can't even flood it with the choke on)

it has the origional (i believe) 16hp kohler engine

Know where i can get a schematic?

thanks

Edited by wheel1horse
needed to insert more info

ericjr16

The manuals here are VERY good! Go to the area and search for your machine!

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:       You didn't mention the year of your c-160 so I picked one at random. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

rmaynard

What is the ID number from the tag on the hood stand? There are several wiring configurations for the C-160. First thing I would check is the seat switch.

KC9KAS

roadapples

:text-yeahthat:          :WRS:

Achto
1 hour ago, wheel1horse said:

I (can't even flood it with the choke on)

:WRS: Couldn't help but notice that you never really mentioned anything about spark. You did mention that you could not flood the engine. Are you searching for an ignition issue or for a fuel issue? First question would be, do you have spark? Unless your carb has an electric fuel shut off on it, you should be able to drown the spark plug with gas by cranking the engine with the choke on.

Edited by achto
  • Like 1

clip

Basic troubleshooting to start. Do you have air? Fuel? Spark? Sounds more like a fuel issue than anything.

• Like 1

Aldon

If it sat a long time I would start with draining the old fuel out. Check tank for residual deposits of what looks like beige gravel chunks. Then just replace the fuel lines and filter and the shut off cock. I have gotten to the point that I do this at onset regardless as it just saves a lot of headaches.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat::text-+1:

:wwp:

:WRS:  

• Like 1

Thisguyisnew

Had same problems with a c-160 that I had bought last summer my first. Changed condenser as that was problem. In doing so I also changed the fuel lines and changed adjusted points. If you got it to fire once you'll get with a little tuning up.