Adamsminitractor

Raider 12 drive belt

Adamsminitractor

Hi ya guys. Quick question about my Raider 12. The clutch drive belt dont stop turning when the clutch is pressed this causing gears to grind. The brake works ok and the belt (new) seems to go very slack. On my c125 when i press the clutch the little stay on top of the tensioner "nips" the belt causing it to stop. The new belt i used was a standard A78. Cheers guys in advance. 

daveoman1966

The Raider 12 drive belt s/b OEM # 7473.  Get the right belt and your issue whould disappear.

Edited by daveoman1966
  • Like 1

N3PUY

The A78 is ½"x80".    The OEM interchange to Gates is 6982.  That is a 5/8"x82" belt.   I use the Gates 6982.

• Like 2

Shynon
1 hour ago, daveoman1966 said:

The Raider 12 drive belt s/b OEM # 7473.  Get the right belt and your issue whould disappear

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 2

daveoman1966

The OEM belt 7473 is 82" x 5/8" ....and that is the problem.  The shorter 80" belt won't release from the engine pulley to disengage the trans drive pulley. 

WH 7473.JPG

• Like 1

Keith of kent

Hi.

I see that like me you are in UK. I have a 73 Raider 12. You can go to your local Toro dealer and order the belt which as said above is 7473. I use these guys, they are far cheaper

http://www.beltingonline.com/

They are based in Poole Dorset. They are very helpful. On the website you will find  V belts click on that you will find "Help identifying belts"  Use this to find the right belt.

The belts that they supply seen to last at least as long as the Toro ones 

• Like 2

meadowfield

I've used B82 belts with no issues at all. The cloth wrapped ones are claimed to last longer esp when used for clutches.

it is important to get the guide fingers in the right place in order to ensure the belt gets trapped when you press the clutch. The belt should move forward in the belt cover and protrude off the engine pulley when working correctly.

cheers

gwest_ca

Best to specify the belt dimensions like width and outside circumferance. Reason being some suppliers have broken away from tradition when adding a part number to them.

A B82 belt can be 5/8" wide x 82" long.

Their industrial B82 will be 5/8" x 85" long. (For B-width belts add 3 inches to the belt part number)

"A" width belts are 1/2" wide and 2" longer than the part number for industrial belts.

The industrial number is the belt pitch length or datum length and has been an industry standard for years. When used with sheave (pulley) pitch circumferences it is easy to determine rpm speeds and belt lengths. The actual length of these belts is measured at the tension cords inside the belt.

Garry

• Like 1

WheelHorse_of_course
6 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Best to specify the belt dimensions like width and outside circumferance. Reason being some suppliers have broken away from tradition when adding a part number to them.

A B82 belt can be 5/8" wide x 82" long.

Their industrial B82 will be 5/8" x 85" long. (For B-width belts add 3 inches to the belt part number)

"A" width belts are 1/2" wide and 2" longer than the part number for industrial belts.

The industrial number is the belt pitch length or datum length and has been an industry standard for years. When used with sheave (pulley) pitch circumferences it is easy to determine rpm speeds and belt lengths. The actual length of these belts is measured at the tension cords inside the belt.

Garry

To add to and hopefully clarify Garry's post:

In the USA the "A" and "B" part numbers are inside diameter whereas the 4Lxxx and 5Lxxx designations are outside diameter.

For 1/2" width belts the difference between the two diameters is 2 inches. For example the belt for my deck PTO is an A67 or 4L690. I have recently learned that "LK" versus L in the the middle designates a dry wrapped kevlar (aramid) belt. (e.g. 4LK690) Once I discovered this bit of knowledge, I found that I can get these wrapped belts from Ace Hardware (though a given hardware store may or may not stock your size).

squonk

Or a Napa 4L690 is a std. Belt but a 4L690W is the wrapped belt.