Sign in to follow this  
MAD MARK

312-8 Where to get new trans dipstick, have right #?

MAD MARK

I changed rear end fluid this weekend and my dipstick is about the rust/break in half. Would like to buy newer one.

Is 101847-03 the right part number for this? 1986 312-8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-TORO-DIPSTICK-PART-NUMBER-101847-03-/321952022066?hash=item4af5d5fe32:g:UbcAAOSw5IJWczV0

Edited by MAD MARK

MAD MARK

Thanks Garry, I saved that as a bookmark. 

And crap, just another thing that's more expensive than I thought.

Laudra

I have a 312-8 and my transaxle dipstick is broken in half and the part # 106447 is discontinued any advice on a comparable part number

R. L. Addison

I think I'm going to make new dipsticks for my units. I think I can make servicing a lot easier, although my record of being right seems to be about five to eight percent as a life time average. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

gwest_ca
12 hours ago, Laudra said:

I have a 312-8 and my transaxle dipstick is broken in half and the part # 106447 is discontinued any advice on a comparable part number

If you want to go with newer parts a later model should work if you replace the tube also but it is no longer available. A newer dipstick is available. The tube and stick need to be matched.

May as well try to find a replacement for the one you have. Try http://a-ztractor.com/

Garry

clueless

:text-yeahthat:

Bill D

I was able to repair mine using a tine from a metal leaf rake.  If your old one is still intact, take measurements of the total length and location of the full and empty lines, then carefully uncrimp the handle while you straighten it enough to release the dipstick.  Insert the rake tine into the handle and carefully crimp and bend it back into shape.  Mark it with an electric engraver and you will be good for another 30 years.  I got a rake at a yardsale for $2 that gave me enough material to repair several dipsticks.

• Like 1