Al C.

Respect for machinery and tools

squonk

I wish there was a warning device to tell me someone is going to come by pushing a cart and knock the ladder out from under me! :( Thank goodness for strong conduit! :unsure:

• Like 6

elliot ness

Great post, we all can learn from it.:thanks:

• Like 2

TALMADGE

I don't think anyone really had malicious intent when mowing in reverse. I think it was just a bunch of guys talking and joking around. maybe it wasn't P.C. enough for some.  either way I have found a new hobby and all of you guys are Great.

• Like 7

Racinbob

Well said and I love the comment about video games. :)

• Like 3

WNYPCRepair
1 hour ago, TALMADGE said:

I don't think anyone really had malicious intent when mowing in reverse. I think it was just a bunch of guys talking and joking around. maybe it wasn't P.C. enough for some.  either way I have found a new hobby and all of you guys are Great.

I can't imagine anyone didn't realize that it was just a joke.

• Like 5

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Take heed of that sound post, it can happen.

Glenn

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

"I can't imagine anyone didn't realize that it was just a joke" ..............    It's not the fact that most if not all, was all in good faith of humor but some left wing liberal "trolls" out there may be "snooping" the forum and report us as stupid malicious rednecks intentionally trying to harm others(children pets and those of less common sense ect) then ''Big Brother" could shut the whole site/forum down for inappropriate behavior and then what would we :wh: nuts have to help each other out all across the world? just my hillbilly :twocents-02cents:,Jeff.

• Like 2

953 nut
12 hours ago, Al C. said:

tractor, table saw, planer, welder, chop saw, or lawn mower

You must have been peeking into my shop, I've hurt myself on all of them and then some. The good part is that I have learned by my mistakes and haven't been a repeat offender. No mater how many "safety" devices are put in place, it is the operator that can be the ultimate safety device.

• Like 2

JPWH

Well said. I lost part of my finger with a circular saw. The blade lever was a small nub and when grabbed for the lever I missed. Hard lesson learned at 17. 

• Like 1

TDF5G
On 5/7/2016 at 0:37 PM, WNYPCRepair said:

:text-yeahthat:

Yeah, it was all just a joke.   Perhaps we got carried away.

I totally agree with you AI C.  Very good thoughts you share.  I've grown up around power tools in tire shops and garages and Wheel Horses too.  My Dad and uncles always taught us kids the proper way to use tools and how to be safe. And likewise I've always taught my daughter, younger cousins and others the proper way to handle things and what to watch out for. Any equipment that is not used for it's intended purpose has the possibility to result in disaster.  I've seen a few accidents in my time.  I've been the victim a couple of times also, of my own carelessness but thankfully only minor injury, broken toe, dislocated finger.   And I've got several scars from sharp objects also as reminders.  

For the record, I've never taken little ones for rides on the Wheel Horse while mowing.  That is the most dangerous thing I think an adult can do.  Kids are unpredictable and you have to  keep an eye one them.

On 5/7/2016 at 11:11 AM, TALMADGE said:

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

WheelHorse_of_course

When it comes to the herd, Wheel Horse said it best...

Safety_cartoons.pdf

Philip Parry-jones

Lost the tendons in one finger with a "slight" chainsaw accident, When waiting for an X ray they wheeled in a chap with every thing in plaster,(two broken legs,one broken arm,neck in brace etc) I asked him what had happened and he told me that he had fallen over in the shower!.

• Like 1

953 nut
48 minutes ago, Philip Parry-jones said:

he had fallen over in the shower!

Must have fallen over and out of a window to do that much damage.  :confusion-confused:

• Like 2

AMC RULES
On 5/7/2016 at 1:37 PM, WNYPCRepair said:

Adults yeah...  :confusion-shrug:

but think about the little kids that come here.  

• Like 1