whlpny

I have gotten to the point where I am no longer posting many build pics anymore. When doing so there are so many comments about everything else in the background of the pics that I decided people don't need to see everything that's in my shop. After one does that all that's needed is an address and a trailer to remove said stuff.

elcamino/wheelhorse

I understand your point of view. These days you can not be too careful with what you place on the internet.

• Like 1

19richie66
5 hours ago, whlpny said:

I have gotten to the point where I am no longer posting many build pics anymore. When doing so there are so many comments about everything else in the background of the pics that I decided people don't need to see everything that's in my shop. After one does that all that's needed is an address and a trailer to remove said stuff.

You better delete your facebook page then. :laughing-rolling:  Seriously though I understand. Sad though because although I love the finished product, I love seeing even more where you began and all the steps along the way. Now, one will never know.

• Like 1

dells68

Sad part is that it isn't Red Square folks you have to worry about, but rather those who troll the net looking for any excuse to take something that isn't theirs.  I've often thought the same thing about American Pickers.  I love the show, but wouldn't want everyone knowing what I have!

• Like 3

russellmc301

my brother has a shirt that says d-rod, very cool it does looks like a little jeep 

i understand hints why i don't post pic at all

• Like 1

whlpny

And as far as Facebook- anybody who is on my friends list or follows the 4x4 page is also going to see only finish machine pics. We have been broken into here in the past and most likely we believe it was someone we know but couldn't prove it. Times change and they don't seem to change for the better anymore.

• Like 1

19richie66

Well I admire from afar. I totally understand. Just keep cranking out cool stuff!

• Like 3

wallfish

Beautiful machine!

That just set the bar a little too high!

• Like 4

953 nut

May have to use the #1 setting on the mower deck, but there is no such thing as too low as long as there is an air gap between the running boards and the ground!  :text-bravo:I like this look best.

20160503_200134 - Copy.jpg

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 3

TALMADGE

I didn't think about it like that, Its sad that we cant all enjoy things together openly cause of thievery. I don't like my face being posted now............

wished i lived close to someone like you guys so i could learn first hand how to do the things yall do. like weld and fabricate from scratch.

• Like 4

rjg854

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

Aldon

Watching some old Roadkill episodes. Looks very simila to the rat rod jeep they did....

image.jpeg

• Like 5

Pullstart

I've been hooked on the motor trend channel lately too!

• Like 3

whlpny

Wrapped up my sons tractor tonite so we had both out for some pics....

20160603_204531.jpg

20160603_160752.jpg

• Like 9

WVHillbilly520H

Very cool and awesome rides there thanks for showing the finished product, :handgestures-thumbupright:, Jeff.

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

I wish I had 1/100 th of your skill and ideas. Out standing Will you make it to the Big Show ?

• Like 1

whlpny

Yes absolutely we are going to be at the show this year. The above two tractors are coming along, also an older custom narrow front that I did for my boy when he was little and I have one more fresh Articulated 4x4 build that I haven't posted pics of yet that will be along. We are also hoping there should be a minimum of 4 of our Articulated tractor builds there if everyone brings what they are telling me. Anticipating a great time !

• Like 3

953 nut

Fantastic workmanship! They both have a rather sinister look with the flat mat finish and low stance; love them both.  :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

rjg854

I concur with what he said :text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

19richie66

I'm in agreeance :wicked:

• Like 1

dells68

Man, your skill level is off the charts!  I love both of your rides:bow-blue:. I enjoy creating my own versions of things in old VWs, but have found it harder to find ways to customize our little red tractors.  Your imagination is unbelievable!

• Like 1

CasualObserver

@whlpny Bob, after seeing that in person, I have to say my favorite aspect is that the rear rises and falls inside the fenders.... it's just @#$% :wicked: 

• Like 2

Pullstart

Great addition to the D-Rod Bob and Robert! 

• Like 1

whlpny

I was pretty surprised by the way the spectators received the D-rod- wasn't sure how well liked it would be but found out real fast! Thanks to all of those who stopped to check it out and talk with us about how it was built and all the great comments on the craftsmenship. I had the most fun watching fellow collectors take both of the builds I took for rides and seeing the smiles on their faces and hearing the comments when they returned. Makes me want to try and make it back out next year, if not we will be there for the 20 yr show no doubt!

• Like 4