Phatboy

Why the muffler stacks out the side..

farmer

Don't forget, you just have to have one of those rain flaps that rattle and direct as much fume as possible back in your face, mmm nice.  :wacko: ;)

• Like 2

JPWH

All good points. So here is my :twocents-02cents:.

1 I keep all my limbs cut so I can drive      my truck anywhere I want.

2  I'm short so the stack doesn't need to     be too tall.

3  I figure it's less exhaust fumes than I     get sitting in traffic in Atlanta.

• Like 6

RedRanger

My opinion...if you don't like it, don't do it.  Why mock and put down others that like it?  (That's not a question.)

• Like 8

farmer

If it was me who mocked or put anybody down I sincerely apologise, absolutely no offence was meant. As was stated by many it's purely a matter of preference. :)

312Hydro
On May 2, 2016 at 10:12 PM, prondzy said:

If I have to explain it......you wouldn't understand.

Sounds like a Jeep thing.:handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright:

On May 2, 2016 at 6:02 AM, AMC RULES said:

Really?  :scratchead:

I thought it was a Jeep thing...

you wouldn't understand. :confusion-shrug: 

jeep-thing.jpg

Darn it ,Craig! I should have read the whole thread before posting! Ya beat me to it! :handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Derek M

Hmmm i have a extra crotch rocket muffler system off my bike . Wonder what it would sound like lol. Can't be any worse than the kid with the little ugly flat black car that sceams by the house every morning with green headlights. I wouldn't mind a short chrome muffler .

• Like 2

MWR

I had a rather long piece of black iron pipe running from the engine to the muffler on my GT-14.  It was nice until one day we had to do a little mechanical work on the motor.  It started and ran a little, so we attempted to try it out.  It moved about 10 feet and died.  Nothing to do but push it back in to the garage and try a new approach.  Except that the fellow who was helping push it used the black iron pipe as a hand hold.  Didn't take him long to look at it, as they say.  And I even said "OUCH!!" for him.

Ever since then, I've wanted an exhaust system that was out of the way as  much as feasible.

• Like 3

Tankman
40 minutes ago, MWR said:

I had a rather long piece of black iron pipe running from the engine to the muffler on my GT-14.  It was nice until one day we had to do a little mechanical work on the motor.  It started and ran a little, so we attempted to try it out.  It moved about 10 feet and died.  Nothing to do but push it back in to the garage and try a new approach.  Except that the fellow who was helping push it used the black iron pipe as a hand hold.  Didn't take him long to look at it, as they say.  And I even said "OUCH!!" for him.

Ever since then, I've wanted an exhaust system that was out of the way as  much as feasible.

Reminds me of the time a boot lieutenant picked up my BAR by the barrel on the firing line at Camp Lejeune.

I did see him run and later in the day, all the sick bay gauze wrapped his hand. Guess his hand was cold? :wacko:

I second that "OUCH!"  :ROTF:

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 4

MWR
52 minutes ago, Tankman said:

Reminds me of the time a boot lieutenant picked up my BAR by the barrel on the firing line at Camp Lejeune.

I did see him run and later in the day, all the sick bay gauze wrapped his hand. Guess his hand was cold? :wacko:

I second that "OUCH!"  :ROTF:

Did you ask him if it hurt?

TDF5G
19 hours ago, Derek M said:

Can't be any worse than the kid with the little ugly flat black car that sceams by the house every morning with green headlights.  .

Must be the Green Hornet and Kato! 

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Tankman
7 hours ago, MWR said:

Did you ask him if it hurt?

No. He would have me say, "Sir, you hurt? Sir, didn't you see the welders glove?" :text-imsorry:

• Like 1

Derek M

Just had to mention that i seen two Amish guy's today. Both we're driving what looked like garden tractors that had stacks every bit of 4 1/2 ft. Possibly 5 ft. Apparently they couldn't hear  anything because after a 1/2 mile of driving behind them  they looked really surprised a big truck was behind  them lol. 

• Like 3

TDF5G
23 hours ago, Derek M said:

Just had to mention that i seen two Amish guy's today. Both we're driving what looked like garden tractors that had stacks every bit of 4 1/2 ft. Possibly 5 ft. Apparently they couldn't hear  anything because after a 1/2 mile of driving behind them  they looked really surprised a big truck was behind  them lol. 

I thought they used real horses.

• Like 1

953 nut
19 minutes ago, TDF5G said:

thought they used real horses.

It was probably Mennonites, unlike the Amish they will use power equipment.

• Like 1

Derek M
30 minutes ago, TDF5G said:

I thought they used real horses.

That's what i thought but apparently if they don't own it they can use it lol. That's  what one told me. Sounds like some other people i know.

• Like 1

RedRanger
12 hours ago, Derek M said:

That's what i thought but apparently if they don't own it they can use it lol. That's  what one told me. Sounds like some other people i know.

Exactly.

• Like 1

rjg854

I just added a muffler stack from Jim Kemp to my 854.  It has a sweet mellow tone, and makes that 8hp sound sweet.P1050649.JPGP1050648.JPGP1050651.JPG

• Like 3