jsp_333

Had a little accident

jsp_333

Huge sigh of relief here.  Thanks John and Richard.

The flywheel always went on easily by hand in the past but now I was really worried that

I had irreparably damaged the engine.  Hopefully less embarrassing video to follow shortly.

• Like 3

wallfish

Keep it up with comedy videos! How about a sequel when you go around that bush the other way or a bigger one? :ychain:

I know everyone is busting your balls but it's all in good fun! It's just so rare to actually get that kind of stuff on video so I'm glad you're comfortable enough to post it and THANK YOU for posting it too!

"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not." Vaclav Havel

• Like 6

jsp_333

Wallfish

You, sir, have epic timing.  The right words at just the right moment. Thanks.

Literally have just sat down at my computer after relaying my tale of woe to a client.

Have to admit feeling a bit of regret for posting it, but you've put it all in perspective.

It is a funny moment... and we all need to be able to laugh at ourselves when life throws us a curve while we're looking for the fastball.

Edited by jsp_333
add a public "thank you"
  • Like 5

wallfish

Trust me, we have all been there at one time or even more!

Like the time at the big show when I sipped on a bottle of water which had gas in it. Stupid embarrassing moment since I put the gas in the water bottle but certainly funny to the other people who were watching!  I'm just glad it wasn't caught on video! :teasing-poke:

We should start a thread of "Embarrassing Moments" and bet it would fill up quick with replies.

Don't worry about it, "time heals all wounds." and it's now part of your "15 minutes of fame"

I'm on a quote roll!

• Like 3

squonk
1 hour ago, wallfish said:

Trust me, we have all been there at one time or even more!

Like the time at the big show when I sipped on a bottle of water which had gas in it. Stupid embarrassing moment since I put the gas in the water bottle but certainly funny to the other people who were watching!  I'm just glad it wasn't caught on video! :teasing-poke:

We should start a thread of "Embarrassing Moments" and bet it would fill up quick with replies.

Don't worry about it, "time heals all wounds." and it's now part of your "15 minutes of fame"

I'm on a quote roll!

You're lucky I just set my phone down John! 

wallfish
1 hour ago, squonk said:

You're lucky I just set my phone down John! 

Somehow I knew you would be here to comment on that!

You better behave or I'll link up that cartoon again for waiting for the bus! :teasing-poke:

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 2

squonk

Funny part was I had a feeling you were going to do it but I got tired of waiting! :)

jsp_333

So the rj is up and running again.

Thanks to all for the help.

Drained the gear oil last night and found a thread about how much oil to put in.

I'm assuming the  "drain plug" and the "level plug" are the same thing.

In other words.. fill until gear oil starts leaking out of the drain/ level plug and that's good.

Correct?

• Like 1

Pullstart

well, the drain would be on the bottom, so hopefully that plug is in. :ychain: but the side fill/level plug I bet you understand are the same.

jsp_333

At the risk of being to literal and thick... there is no plug on the side

I've got one one the top and one on the bottom.

So I fill it until oil comes out of ...

1957 RJ 35 Transmission.jpg

Pullstart

Well I'll be durned.  I bet @stevasaurus could tell you exactly how!

Lane Ranger

I think I need to post this for  jsp_333 !  Not to be a smart aleck -just to send a precautionary note!   

Very glad to see you preserving that RJ 35!

WH SAFETY SHEET.jpg

• Like 3

Nathanielperz
On 5/1/2016 at 7:35 AM, SylvanLakeWH said:

WOW!

Them early WH's were not - shall we say - OSHA Compliant...

Makes me think of the bumper sticker I got once at a work safety seminar:

"If you think OSHA is a small town in Wisconsin, your in trouble..."

I would check all the wire connections. From the sounds of it maybe a branch got in there and separated a connection, since you didn't "do" anything to stall it...just a thought...Good Luck!

:twocents-02cents:

UGH i had to do OSHA for school a few months back it was horrible!

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

My phone won't play the video...bummer LOL glad you and the rj are both okay

wrightorchid

I think the mower blades need sharpening....not cutting too well.  :lol: