Sign in to follow this  
Mrdante

C series engine swap

Mrdante

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I'm new to Wheel Horses. I picked up my first WH about 6 mo ago. A C160 Hydro. It came with 2 plows and a disc harrow. I traded a gun that I had about $500 into. I've used to plow and it seams that the hydro just doesn't pull like it should. So today I bought a C105 with an eight speed transmission. The engine doesn't run, the guys said "it's a rod". I only paid $200 for it and it came with a good mower deck. I bought it with plans to swap my running K321 into the C105 that has the K241. They look very similar if not identical externally. My question is does anybody foresee any problems with this swap or should it be a direct bolt in? Thank for any advice. 

I hope I placed this post in the right section. It looked like this was the best place for it over the engine section.   

• Like 1

Retired Sparky

Hello and :text-welcomeconfetti:   To    :rs:  I don't have that answer, but someone will soon.  Your going to like it here. B)

• Like 1

Don1977

There may be a difference in the charging system.  I'm not sure what charging system is on a C-105. The C-160 will have a 15 amp system.

i'm

• Like 1

rustyoldjunk

The C105 will have the small oil pan for the rubber isolater plate engine mount,while the C160 has the big oil pan that mounts directly to the frame. You will need to do away with the isolater mount plate and bolt the engine straight to the frame. You will also have to use some of the pto pieces from the C160.

• Like 2