tidewaterva

Need help with mower drive belt

tidewaterva

Hello everyone,

I am new to the WheelHorse brand- last year I purchased a 518-H as a backup to a zero turn mower and for mowing at some remote locations.  The 518-H has been repowered with a 20 HP Onan which appears to be a WheelHorse application engine.  The engine fits perfectly and runs perfectly also.  The deck drive belt is failing and appears to not be a correct size belt.  I have a 48" side discharge deck.  My question is- do I need the same belt as a 520-H with this deck would use?  Is the 20 horse engine pulley location any different than the original 18 HP?  The belt that was on previously was a 1/2" x 103" size.  It seemed to be too narrow and was bottoming out on the pulleys.  It was also too long.  I believe that a 5/8" by 100" belt would work, but these belts are pretty pricey and I don't want to guess.  Thanks for any help.

daveoman1966

The engine to deck drive belt s/b # 102742 which is 1/2 x 103".  I may appear to bottom out on the PTO but rides at correct height on the deck and mule drive pulleys.

Look at schematics of the deck model # to see the drive belt...not the tractor or engine model.

roadapples

:WRS:

cleat

So far as I know, the 16, 18, and 20 HP Onan's are physically the same size.

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Welcome to Red Square , you are not that far away from me. The guys on Red Square are great and provide information that you can always use.

HokieAg07

Same belt between the different motors 1/2" x 103". Im just up the road from you in Sandston. 

tidewaterva

Thanks for the welcome and advice- it could be that the sides of my old belt had worn down, allowing it to bottom out in the pulleys.  I will try a new 1/2" x 103 belt.  I look forward to checking in on this forum in the future.  I also am partial to Case garden tractors and have a 444 that I repowered with a Kohler K341AQS and a 646 loader with an Onan CCKA.

Edited by tidewaterva
Spelling