oldredrider

My new best friend

oldredrider

I never was impressed with PB Blaster. Didn't work all that well and stinks. For the last 10 years or so, I've been a big proponent of Kroil for loosening rusted nuts and bolts.

About 2 months ago, a mechanic friend of mine turned me onto a product from BG. It's called "in force". After testing it on all kinds of rusted stuff, it even puts Kroil to shame. I grin everytime I get to use it...it's that good. Even loosened up an exhaust pipe on a 12hp Kohler!

This stuff isn't just the cat's meow,  it's the whole dang cat AND her kittens!

Check it out:

https://www.bgprod.com/catalog/specialty/bg-in-force/

• Like 3

rmaynard

Thanks for the info Paul. When I get back to working on the horses again, I will try it.

JAinVA

Paul,

I would like to give it a try.Where can you get this stuff from?JAinVa

JimAnderson

Gloucester,Va

953 nut

:thanks:   Found it on :techie-ebay: for $ 17, if it is that good it will be a bargain.

• Like 1

"D"- Man

Thanks, definitely going to have to get some and give it a go when I begin to disassemble my D-180 to part out.

JAinVA

Odd as it sounds water,yes plain water works well to free rusty parts.I first heard this on another website and thought it was a joke.That is until I tried it.It works.JAinVA

• Like 1

857 horse
4 hours ago, JAinVA said:

Paul,

I would like to give it a try.Where can you get this stuff from?JAinVa

JimAnderson

Gloucester,Va

jim...i can get that stuff......bring it to the BIG SHOW ........just let me know...

• Like 1

Aldon

Thanks for the tip. Like everyone else, where is it sold other than EBay?

oldredrider

Amazon carries it too. Kind of expensive but a little goes a long way. Definitely worth it.

JAinVA

Howard,

Thanks for the offer but I think I will get some off E-bay.JAinVa

JimAnderson

Gloucester,Va

ohiofarmer

i know that this is an old thread, but just wondered if you guys would be interested in a group buy. Someone passing through Ohio on I-70 could swing by my house on the way to PA.

BTW, i tried the stuff on aluminum blade spindles. I put it on and forgot about it for 3 months. They came off without damage.I could not believe it

A distributor lives close by, and he would get a good price of about ten bucks each for a case of 12. I have tried them all, including kroil, and this stuff is awesome as it sticks on and does not dry up. I probably want at least 5 of them.  I would be afraid that the propellant might go away before the product got used if i bought a whole case

ebinmaine
On 10/18/2017 at 11:47 AM, ohiofarmer said:

i know that this is an old thread, but just wondered if you guys would be interested in a group buy. Someone passing through Ohio on I-70 could swing by my house on the way to PA.

BTW, i tried the stuff on aluminum blade spindles. I put it on and forgot about it for 3 months. They came off without damage.I could not believe it

A distributor lives close by, and he would get a good price of about ten bucks each for a case of 12. I have tried them all, including kroil, and this stuff is awesome as it sticks on and does not dry up. I probably want at least 5 of them.  I would be afraid that the propellant might go away before the product got used if i bought a whole case

Is this the larger can that sells for 25-ish dollars? 

I'd be up for at least a couple cans but would have to figure out if it can be shipped to Maine.....

Update to shipping options. 

UPS will ship two or three cans of that stuff for about 12 or 14 bucks to most places in the country.

@ohiofarmer, if you have a UPS center near you I'd be interested in having two cans shipped to me. If not, no sweat. Just figured I'd throw it out there.

Eric 

Edited by ebinmaine