Chuck...

Toro wheel horse 520lxi clean up

WVHillbilly520H
10 hours ago, Chuck... said:

Any idea what the original price was on that from back in the day

Yep best I can do an old ad from '99,Jeff.

IMAG1738.jpg

• Like 2

Aldon

List price of 8119.00, sale price of 7619.00 so I imagine 6k is a bargain. If I had an extra 6k to burn, I can think of worse ways to do so.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
6 hours ago, Aldon said:

List price of 8119.00, sale price of 7619.00 so I imagine 6k is a bargain. If I had an extra 6k to burn, I can think of worse ways to do so.

I gave $6300 for my new '97 520H Anniversary back in 1998 that was the the tractor,48" deck and loaded rear tires...Jeff.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 1

Chuck...

Any idea what the price of a new 44 inch 2 stage snowblower was.  

WHX??

Gotta be at least 2k

WVHillbilly520H

For 3/4/500 series it was $14-1500 new so and the tall chute single was a $1000 so yeah I'm assuming darn close to $2k, I do have a complete Xi factory dealers binder at home I'll have to check when I get there after work tonight it may have tractor and attachments pricing in it,Jeff.

Chuck...
37 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

For 3/4/500 series it was $14-1500 new so and the tall chute single was a $1000 so yeah I'm assuming darn close to $2k, I do have a complete Xi factory dealers binder at home I'll have to check when I get there after work tonight it may have tractor and attachments pricing in it,Jeff.

Nice how did you get ahold of that dealer binder thing sounds kinda cool.  I would be interested on what they sold a mid mount grader blade for to if you had it in that binder thing.  I picked the grader blade up a few weeks ago.  Works really well 

And the price of the rototiller if it was in that binder thing.  Just curious not that it matters much at this point in time

WVHillbilly520H

Found it on eBay when I was getting ready to buy the Dxi thought it would come on handy, has a factory dealer service manual for the tractor as well as the hydraulic system as well as the sales and marketing literature all originally from TORO for the dealers in 1998 when the Xi series first rolled out, so no more guessing prices,Jeff.

IMAG2196.jpg

IMAG2195.jpg

1464060691732.jpg

• Like 2

Chuck...

Interesting I would have thought some of that stuff would have been more expensive.  I see I paid alot for my mid mount grader blade all well at least I finally found one.  

That shipping weight was interesting to. Says it's only 870 pounds the other info I found about the weight of the 520lxi says it weighs in at 1023 pounds

Edited by Chuck...

WVHillbilly520H

It says shipping weights were estimates and would be updated after production and all prices were "suggested" retail meaning dealer marked up/down dependant to their greediness vs how much they actually sold volume wise, Jeff.

Chuck...
4 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

It says shipping weights were estimates and would be updated after production and all prices were "suggested" retail meaning dealer marked up/down dependant to their greediness vs how much they actually sold volume wise, Jeff.

I see.  Still kinda cool to see.

Chuck...

Got the last piece.  

20160408_140414_zpsli6yndti.jpg

Just take her for a spin is left 

Chuck...

Well the key worked.  Felt good to finally drive it and finish I up.  

20160408_141726_zpsvjdawa9m.jpg

I put a new seat on it one from northern tool. A week or so after these pictures

20160408_142307_zpslbdcxtav.jpg

One more angle 

20160408_142314_zpskystho7j.jpg

Pretty much done with the tractor part of it.  I already went threw the snowblower cleaned it up and put a new chain on it.   Just have to go threw the mower deck.  Then off to the next project.

Thanks for looking 

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

Hey Chuck good job well done, on that seat was it Michigan V-818? That's the 1 I got my eye on for my 520s both are needing seats, and how much was the rubber coated TORO key vs the universal Indak keys? Jeff.

Chuck...
2 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Hey Chuck good job well done, on that seat was it Michigan V-818? That's the 1 I got my eye on for my 520s both are needing seats, and how much was the rubber coated TORO key vs the universal Indak keys? Jeff.

Thanks feels good to finish it up.  No the seat was from northern tool it has a little lower back rest and I had to drill 2 holes in the bracket to get it to fix.  But it works.  I wish I would have saw that v-818 seat looks better but a little more expensive.  I can't remember the exact price of the key I am thinking it was around like $3.00. I thought it was a nice finishing touch lol