ztnoo

Kohler K Engine Weights?

ztnoo

Does any one know of a reference link to finding the weight of complete Kohler engines, in particular the K321 & K341?

If you know of no electronic data about this topic, but have one of these on the bench and complete, could you somehow weigh it for the benefit of group knowledge.

(Sneak the bath scales out to the garage if you can).  :ROTF:

I'd actually like to see a listing of weights for the entire Kohler K series, if anyone can contribute any piece of this puzzle.

fingerscrossed.gif

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

Aldon

I know that the K321 and K341 are freakin HEAVY

• Haha 1

ztnoo

Well, I know you're right, even though I've not had mine out of the frame.

If we can learn the weight of a K321 and K341, it would be a big help to Dell to know how much weight to add up front after his Predator repower.

Somebody out there has to know........

oldredrider

I believe it's in the neighborhood of 125#.

• Like 3

bds1984

Well I thought that you could just download the K-series manual from Kohler's website but the weight isn't indicated there, but, if you download the manual for an M16, I am sure that'll get you in the ballpark. Kohler says that an M16 tips the scales at 129lbs.  Having had my K341 out of the frame from my C165, I can attest to the weight of it and probably then some.  To put it lightly, ANY large Kohler, whether it be K or M series, is HEAVY!  Especially if it is lifted sans helping hands or engine hoist!

• Like 4

19richie66

Kohler shows in their engine manual "approx.118 pounds for the K-241, K-301,K-321. The K-341 is 122 pounds".

• Like 5

ztnoo

19richie66,

Hey, a big thanks for the info!!! 2tu.gif

Which specific Kohler manual are you referring to???

I couldn't find it in anything I've looked through.......all kinds of engine specs and fastener torque ratings, but no weights.

That's going to be real help info for Dell in his GT 14 repower project and reweighting his front end after swapping the Kohler for a Predator and pulling the 6 gallons gas tank out.

:greetings-clappingyellow:

If anyone has info on the other Kohler K engines not listed, please jump in here.

Regards,

Steve

Wishin4a416

I switched out a Kohler M10 for a Predator 212 and added 75 lbs in weight up front. Looks like I am close.

• Like 1

dells68

Yup, definitely goi g to need some weight up there.  This explains why I almost got a hernia lifting the k321 in the other tractor by myself!!!   I could tell just carrying the predator around that I'd lost a bunch of weight!

bobert94

I tryed to lift out the k482 out of the 18 automatic. kept looking for the bolt i must have missed, no all bolts were out. getting old is not for sissy's !!

• Like 2

ztnoo
13 hours ago, bobert94 said:

getting old is not for sissy's

That's EXACTLY what my urologist tells me.

I guess I'm a convert to that theory, as I have no logical argument to refute his premise.

C'est la vie..........

Edited by ztnoo

19richie66

http://www.kohlerengines.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/tp_2379.pdf 

service manual

http://www.kohlerengines.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/tp_1346_c_all.pdf

owners manual

for other engines, pick your engine type, horsepower and shaft from the drop downs and you are good to go.

http://www.kohlerengines.com/manuals/landing.htm

• Like 1

ztnoo

19richie66,

Thanks again, that's very informative and helpful.

I haven't located any weight info on the K141 or K160 yet.

So here's what the specs say:

K91 (4hp) = 43 lbs

K141 (6.25hp) =

K160 (6.6hp) =

K161 (7hp) = 65 lbs

K181 (8hp) = 65 lbs.

K241 (10hp) = 118 lbs.

K301 (12hp) = 118 lbs.

K321 (14hp) = 118 lbs.

K341 (16hp) = 122 lbs.

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 1

pacer

Are those specs with starter, muffler/exhaust, carb, etc or?

• Like 1

ztnoo

I would assume complete, ready to run engines since the info is take directly from official Kohler documents, but I have no way to verify my assumption

Edited by ztnoo

19richie66

I would imagine the K-141 probably would also be close to 65 lbs, because arent the blocks the same?

ztnoo

That's probably a reasonable assumption given the K141 is grouped together with the K160/K161 here:

http://www.gardentractorpullingtips.com/engspecs.htm#torques

But if anyone has any definitive information from Kohler literature about the official weight, please provide a link for the rest of us.

squonk

I had to pull the K341 out of my Power King to change the hyd belt. I borrowed an engine crane. Poeple looked at me like I was nuts! :rolleyes: :)

953 nut
22 minutes ago, squonk said:

Poeple looked at me like I was nuts!

Mike, aren't you accustomed to that by now?         :ychain:

• Like 2

Maxwell-8

A k582 weigs in @ 187lbs

Maxwell-8

So I will edit the list:

K91 (4hp) = 43 lbs

K141 (6.25hp) = 63lbs.

K160 (6.6hp) = 63lbs.