Hammerhead

When is the Big Show this year?

Sparky

Its June 24-25th. I think a lot of guys get there Thursday for some "preshow trading/deals" but Friday and Saturday are the official days. Its usually over by 3:00ish on Friday (right after the raffle tractor ticket gets pulled!).

Mike.........

• Like 2

wallfish
19 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Its usually over by 3:00ish on Friday

Mike meant to write over by 3:00ish on Saturday

I usually stay in Gettysburg which is about a 1/2 hr ride. Others stay out in Chambersburg. There's a mom and pop motel close by called the Blue Sky Motel.

Fairgrounds open for setup on Thursday so many of us get there early.

This years feature tractor is "customs" so it looks like a good year for you to bring those horses!

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 8

Sparky
1 minute ago, wallfish said:

Oops....yep....I meant Saturday.

Mike.........

• Like 5

rmaynard

If you are thinking about a hotel, do not hesitate. Call around and book one now. There are a lot of events in and around the Gettysburg area during that same time period that consume all the hotel rooms weeks or months in advance. Camping on-site is always an option.

• Like 4

squonk

A bunch of us are staying at the Comfort Inn in C-Burg.:)

• Like 3

953 nut

When is the "Big Show"?     Not soon enough!            :banana-rainbow:     :banana-blonde:     :banana-rock:     :banana-angel:       :banana-dreads:

• Like 7

Ed Kennell
3 hours ago, squonk said:

A bunch of us are staying at the Comfort Inn in C-Burg.:)

Not sure if this is an invitation or a warning. :confusion-shrug::banana-linedance:  

• Like 8

squonk
8 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Not sure if this is an invitation or a warning. :confusion-shrug::banana-linedance:  

IT'S BOTH! :banana-dreads: :banana-jumprope:  :banana-linedance::banana-ninja:

• Like 5

elcamino/wheelhorse

Squonk will be serving pie at the Comfort Inn so everyone beware. I heard that he will be baking the pies in his room each night .:ROTF:

• Like 1

squonk

Pie is for the show. I'll be spending my "off hours"" at the Italian Kitchen or Texas Roadhouse.:)

• Like 5

elcamino/wheelhorse

I thought you spend your off hours sleeping on the bench waiting for the New York bus.

• Like 6

Wishin4a416

I am staying at the Days Inn in Chambersburg again this year. Close to the food strip and 20 minutes from the show. 24th and 25th show dates but many come early.

Edited by Wishin4a416
  • Like 2

squonk

We're talking away from the show time. The only sleep I do get is at the show waiting for the raffle. Although walking into a tree a few years back almost turned out the lights early! :lol:

• Like 3

Aldon

I am booked at comfort inn.

Wheel Horse tractors and Pie.

Cant get a whole lot better than that!:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 4

AMC RULES

Here's hoping...    :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

we get a first hand look at the war machine(762) Keith. 

• Like 4

953 nut

Seeing all the characters that will be staying at the Comfort Inn I'm beginning to have reservations about my reservations there!    :ychain:

• Like 7

elcamino/wheelhorse

I have been thinking same thing. My first Big Show and I may be booked into the Loony Bin Motel . :banana-explosion: 

• Like 8

857 horse
13 hours ago, 953 nut said:

When is the "Big Show"?     Not soon enough!            :banana-rainbow:     :banana-blonde:     :banana-rock:     :banana-angel:       :banana-dreads:

Every night i come home,,,,gonna sneeek in a little tractor time.......But OH NO.......something seems to come up.....and all i want to do is remove my little motor,,,,,paint it......put it back on........No biggie right??  I dont think it is gonna happen......Geeeezz

• Like 4

Brrly1

Keith, if you haven't been then you need to go!!! You'll have the time of your life, I truly an honestly believe that you l totally enjoy yourself!! I'm hoping to see you there!! This will be #4  for me, It only took once!!

• Like 5

857 horse
9 hours ago, Brrly1 said:

Keith, if you haven't been then you need to go!!! You'll have the time of your life, I truly an honestly believe that you l totally enjoy yourself!! I'm hoping to see you there!! This will be #4  for me, It only took once!!

Big John Burrrrlllyyy might be packing  4 Wheel Drive,,,,,3 or 4 cyl of Diesel...  But I will be bringing  2 1/2  untamed H.P. with a Kung Foo grip !!!!!!!and its full of Hi Test !!!!!   llolloloolol

horse,,,,,garden hose 006.JPG

Edited by 857 horse
Bring your MASH Pole sign !!!!!!!!!!
  • Like 7

Hammerhead
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:03 PM, wallfish said:

I usually stay in Gettysburg which is about a 1/2 hr ride. Others stay out in Chambersburg. There's a mom and pop motel close by called the Blue Sky Motel.

Fairgrounds open for setup on Thursday so many of us get there early.

This years feature tractor is "customs" so it looks like a good year for you to bring those horses!

Yep thanks everybody for the heads up! Since it is featuring Customs, that is why we are considering going this year! Woot woot! Thanks Wallfish for mentioning that! Hope to see ya there Brrly! Thanks AMC Rules, would like to meet ya too and go over the War Horse with ya!

• Like 2

Amcwheel85

Just booked my room for Friday night at the econo lodge in Gettysburg. This is my first time at this show... Can't wait and also can't decide if I'm taking all my tractors or going empty.. Hmm...

• Like 2

857 horse
2 hours ago, Amcwheel85 said:

Just booked my room for Friday night at the econo lodge in Gettysburg. This is my first time at this show... Can't wait and also can't decide if I'm taking all my tractors or going empty.. Hmm...

AMC,,,,,,yeah gottah bring one Red Steed....there is alot to see,,,,,,lots of parts.....lots of walking...and if you meet the Social crowd.....Lotttts of talk....Red is always at the top of the list....

• Like 1

Amcwheel85

Yea I may bring just the 2 lil horses so I still have room for "new stuff" if I find anything... Lol hopefully I will either find a nice wheel horse cart before or at the show to haul my kids around in!

• Like 1