Pullstart

fertilizer from a non-wheel(ed) horse

Pullstart

I think it's either love it or hate it, but I picked up a heaping 8' box of horse manure this afternoon, got to use the stable's loader and all and I'm welcome to come back for as much as I'd like to take anytime.  The loader is green and yellow, but it's bigger than anything :wh: ever produced and it's 4x4 diesel hydrostatic.  Works like a charm, I'm happy to have some seat time in equipment like big loaders, skid steers and my plow trucks to prove myself to the horse farm owner and she might even call me from time to time for handy man work!

• Like 6

Retired Sparky

Helping a nice lady out in return for some milk and cookies. Sounds like a square deal to me. :happy-partydance:

• Like 3

WHX??

Yah we won't say anything about the gren & yellow thing...:ph34r: just don't make a habit of it!!

• Like 2

Pullstart
Just now, WHX61/3 said:

Yah we won't say anything about the gren & yellow thing...:ph34r: just don't make a habit of it!!

You come up/over the pond and sling a shovel at a time... and I'll never touch green and yellow again.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 5

953 nut

I used composted horse poop in my garden once, never had so many weeds. I supplement my composted yard/household waste with some composted chicken poop now, costs a few bucks but plants love it and lots less weeds. 

• Like 5

farmer

I dream of the day when I have a loader at my homestead for all those lifting/loading/carting tasks ~whisper~ ( don't even care if it's :ph34r: G&Y :ph34r: ).... Couldn't bring myself to say it out loud. 

Now spread that stuff and get growing. :P

:coffee:

• Like 4

roadapples
3 hours ago, farmer said:

Now spread that stuff and get growing. :P

:coffee:

Think some of that "stuff" is already being spread..:rolleyes:

• Like 6

Pullstart

We have 6 hens too, so that manure plus our compost bin plus any Starbucks coffee grounds we come across all get mixed together and distributed throughout as well.  It seems even though weeds grow in the garden, the soil gets so soft from the manure mixed in that it's so much easier to pull them.  Plus this stuff has been sitting for quite some time to break down and compost... hopefully there won't be so much seed left!

• Like 1

Dakota8338

You need to inquire about the horses being fed hay sprayed with Aminopyralid, Clopyralid, Fluroxpyr, Picloram, or Triclopyr all from a class of herbicides known as Pyridine Carboxylic Acids.  Horse or livestock manure, compost, hay and grass clipping from pastures, lawns etc have all been reported by numerous gardeners to have decidedly profound negative effect upon their gardens for years.   If I remember correctly Picloram, Clopyralid & Aminopyralid are the three worst, with the longest effect on the soil.  I sincerely hope you didn't receive any of these chemicals as a bonus.