rustyoldjunk

What year is this 314 hydro

rustyoldjunk

I have a buddy who is also a fellow Red Square member who has this very nice 314 hydro that I may get from him. Neither of us are sure of the year,its missing the tag and it has been redecaled with the wrong decals. Its a mid 90's tractor. It has the Magnum,so I'm thinking that makes it pre 98. It also has the older anti skid foot rest setup. Anybody think they can figure out the year ?

314 hydro wheel horse.jpg 5.jpg

314 hydro wheel horse.jpg 4.jpg

314 hydro wheel horse.jpg 3.jpg

314 hydro wheel horse.jpg 2.jpg

314 hydro wheel horse.jpg

• Like 2

slammer302

It looks like a 96 or 97

• Like 1

rustyoldjunk

What year did they go to the fancier,thicker anti skid material that even went up the back of the running board a few inches ?

TDF5G

If you have the engine number, you may be able to identify it from the list.

http://www.mywheelhorse.com/graphics/file/wheel_horse_products_master_model_list.pdf

My dad has a 1996 314-8 that he purchased new.  It has the larger foot rest pads.  This is the only pic I have on my PC here at work.  Not very clear.  

IMG_2847.JPG

slammer302

I'm starting to think my guess might be a touch too new maybe more like a 89 or 90.

TDF5G

When did WH go back to the 8" front wheels?

rustyoldjunk

I believe its between a 93 and maybe 96.Notice the hand controls for the for the motion control and hydro lift. What years had the louvered hood ? 

cleat

I thought the last years for maroon decals was 1989 but they could have been replaced.

I believe steering column motion controls started in 1990.

slammer302

I didn't think the louvered hood even came on any 314-H. Maybe it's been swapped

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Nice, clean looking tractor what ever year it is!

I did have to re-read the post, as I saw 314-8 and also saw a hydro lever!

Thought it may be one of those "April Fools" jokes!

312Hydro

:handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by 312Hydro
None

rustyoldjunk
3 hours ago, cleat said:

I thought the last years for maroon decals was 1989 but they could have been replaced.

I believe steering column motion controls started in 1990.

cleat the decals have been replaced with the wrong ones for this tractor.

skrusins

A 1985 or 1986 Hood and a 1995 or 1996 body

gwest_ca

If the engine is original the Kohler serial will date the engine and narrow the possibilities to 2 tractor model years. The tractor model year will be the same or the next model year.

Garry

• Like 2

Phatboy

I can tell you the hood is from a 400 or 500 series not original 300 hood also the caution pinch sticker on the transaxel it is between a 92 and 95.. I have it on my 96.. The dash looks to be from a 400 series,, that horse has been retored with mis match pieces,, as someone else mentioned the stickers are wrong also ,, they should be black toro stickers ,,, and i will have to check bit im not sure weather or not the 314 came with a Eaton 1100 hydro either ,, so one thing for sure by the motor it is a post 1990 and not later than a 1995.. Cause if it was a 96 it would have the new ohv kohler not the magnum... I believe 96 was when they changed it i could be wrong on that tho ..

rustyoldjunk
27 minutes ago, Phatboy said:

I can tell you the hood is from a 400 or 500 series not original 300 hood also the caution pinch sticker on the transaxel it is between a 92 and 95.. I have it on my 96.. The dash looks to be from a 400 series,, that horse has been retored with mis match pieces,, as someone else mentioned the stickers are wrong also ,, they should be black toro stickers ,,, and i will have to check bit im not sure weather or not the 314 came with a Eaton 1100 hydro either ,, so one thing for sure by the motor it is a post 1990 and not later than a 1995.. Cause if it was a 96 it would have the new ohv kohler not the magnum... I believe 96 was when they changed it i could be wrong on that tho ..

I think you should reread my original post.....lol...Notice I have stated several times that the decals were incorrect,including in the original post. To answer your next question,yes the late 314 hydro's used the Eaton 11 pump. They also have the 1 1/8th inch axles and 8 pinion diff. The dash is pretty much identical between the 300 and 400 series. A hood from a 500 series would not work because the hood is different at the rear where it meets the 500 series dash. I believe that the hood may have been changed but only the hood. No big resto here. Its a 500 hour tractor. Its tight like new.