johnidi

Mowing Deck Size for 523 Dxi

johnidi

How do I determine if this deck size is 48" or 52"? I think it's a 48", but would like to know for sure. The model wheelhorse I have is 73550. I need to order a new belt this Spring.

Thanks

IMG_8185.JPG

IMG_8182.JPG

IMG_8181.JPG

IMG_8180.JPG

WNYPCRepair

I can't find any deck with a model number ending in 1943, are there any more model number stickers anywhere on it? 

From the tape, I would say 52". My 52" measures 52" from right wheel to left side

Here are the manuals for that model, in case you don't have them all, including the attachments available

Edited by WNYPCRepair

shallowwatersailor

That is a 52" deck. It looks like it had the boot for a vacuum attached at onetime.

Here are a few pictures for the 5xi series including: the underhood Quick Reference decal, 48" deck, and 52" deck.

Reference Decal

DSCN3359.JPG

78363 48" Deck

DSCN3352.JPG

78370 52" Deck

DSCN3354.JPG

• Like 1

wh500special

Holy smokes, John.  I have 4 xi's and none of them have that decal.  Even have an NOS hood in the box and I don't think it has it either.  

Learn something new new all the time...

steve

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor
1 hour ago, wh500special said:

Holy smokes, John.  I have 4 xi's and none of them have that decal.  Even have an NOS hood in the box and I don't think it has it either.  

steve

It is on my 2000 520xi, Steve. The part number is 100-7304 but no longer available. Terry may be able to help.

WNYPCRepair
1 hour ago, wh500special said:

steve

I've never noticed it either

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• jmack
      By jmack
      What’s the correct v-belt size for a xi drive belt connecting to a 60” deck?  

Just shredded mine today. 
    • gfullz
      By gfullz
      Hey guys! new wheel horse owner here. I picked up a 2001 523xi that came with a berco subframe. I happened to find a 40" compact berco that was hardly used to slap on it only I'm not sure where to start as there are no resources for this that I can find. I'm mechanically inclined, rebuilt the injection pump, injectors etc... as I purchased it non-running as it wasn't receiving any fuel to the injectors (it runs amazing now btw). 

so for starters I'm going to go out on a whim here and say that this will require the mule drive or "pulley box". and I've got the rest of the parts in the picture. The parts of the subframe that look to bolt up seem so narrow compared to the hookups on the rest of the tractor. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• kurm
      By kurm
      You can search for the specs but here are some links:
      https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro&lang=us_en
      https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/modlinfo.cfm?xCaller=Toro&o=2&x=22004&b=9900001&e=9999999&m=73552&y=1999&n=523Dxi Garden Tractor&channel=CN
      https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/modlatch.cfm?xCaller=Toro&x=22004

This is a beast!   Comes with the 60" deck and also a 48" deck and a new battery.  New belt (installed but unused), newer hoses, regular maintenance.   

There are wheel weights too but idk if they fit this unit as I've never tried.

758 hours

I got a zero turn and a Kubota tractor and this has sadly become ignored.

• ryobi.warrior
      By ryobi.warrior
      The belt on my Wheel Horse 314-8 mower deck (05-37SC01) appears to be contacting the deck bracket between the spindle pulleys. I am a novice when it comes to Wheel Horse maintenance (at best), but this does not seem correct.

I recently inherited this Wheel Horse, so I do not know the maintenance history. Unfortunately, the mechanic who previously worked on it was a no-show for a scheduled maintenance visit.

Any advice on how to address this? Thanks in advance... this seems like a great forum and I'm looking forward to spending time here!

Photos (please forgive the dirt and grime, I plan to clean it up!): https://imgur.com/a/4PknZuJ

• seven
      By seven
      Does anyone know what size belt is required for the rear mounted tiller off of a charger 12