Portuguese Farmer

C-120 PTO Clutch Re-line / Re-build

elcamino/wheelhorse

Thanks a lot for the info . I liked you step by step instructions with photo's.:bow-blue:

• Like 3

WNYPCRepair
14 minutes ago, Aldon said:

These tutorial type threads should get pinned.

Definitely. 

• Like 3

ztnoo

6 hours ago, Aldon said:

These tutorial type threads should get pinned.

2tu.gif

wavetowel2.gif

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 3

KC9KAS

Nice instructional post.

• Like 3

pfrederi

Thank you!!!

• Like 2

clip

You're the man. I'm going to be ordering supplies immediately.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

:thanks:  for becoming a supporter  and for the great instructional contribution.   Great detail and :text-coolphotos:.

• Like 3

WHX??
21 minutes ago, clip said:

You're the man. I'm going to be ordering supplies immediately.

:text-yeahthat:

Yes have one to do myself and was wondering how to re-rivet it.

Name looks good in RED Farmer :text-thankyouyellow:  Really good pics, hopefully you can find time to do more of these.

• Like 1

clip

What's the ID/OD of your clutch disc by the way?

Looks like Amazon sells friction material already pre-cut in discs, but price varies wildly with shipping.

Portuguese Farmer
9 minutes ago, clip said:

What's the ID/OD of your clutch disc by the way?

Looks like Amazon sells friction material already pre-cut in discs, but price varies wildly with shipping.

6.75" OD

4.5" ID

.125" Thickness

.55 Coefficient of Friction

• Like 3

TDF5G

Great tutorial and pics.  Thank you.  I've been considering doing this myself.  I had no idea what kind of adhesive to use that would hold up well.

:text-bravo:

• Like 2

pfrederi

Bumping this up as it should be pinned in the instructional section

• Like 2

TDF5G
4 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Bumping this up as it should be pinned in the instructional section

:text-yeahthat:

hgpsmerk

Hi. I have to do this on one of my 314-8's. Whats the best way to disassemble the hub of the PTO?

Thanks.

The Tuul Crib

I'm about to receive a new clutch disk for my 6 inch PTO. I just ordered some new rivets from parts tree and I'm still wondering the best way to mushroom the back side of the rivets on the clutch disc. 

glentaybow

Bom dia portuguese farmer

Are you by chance Brazilian?

Anyway, I love your how-to on the PTO clutch lining replacement.  I have a C-101 with a similar setup and I'll use the info you provided to do the work on mine.

I don't have a machine to finish the face on the pulley so I'll have to take it to a machine shop.  It's pretty rough.  Again, a great presentation.  Thanks so much for all the info.

Your talent knows no boundary!

Glenn

little red riding horse

I will be needing to reline a centrifugal clutch on a atc soon that has 3 shoes shaped like drum brakes but smaller,  just wandering if this material would bend instead of using it flat ? The clutch shoes im needing are no longer available.... here are similar ones to mine...link  thanks !

Phil

WHX??

I would guess that it is somewhat bendable. You may want to talk with @rmaynard and see if his brake lining might work for what you are trying to do. 

peter lena

@Portuguese Farmer something else you might consider , is how much COLLECTIVE BEARING DRAG do you have on that clutch set up  ?  if you cannot  easily move / spin up an attachment  at the open belt drive section , by hand , and that clutch  is screaming  on any attempt to use it , you are only correcting half of the problem . think about it , do attachments  spin  spin easily by hand ? or rusty , noisy, lumpy ?  only asking , if attachments are free spinning , smooth / quiet  , pto clutch works without  effort , 50-50 deal  , pete  

• Like 1