dells68

K321 condensor wire

dells68

Ok, bonehead mistake here.  I pulled the engine from my GT14 to clean up and give a fresh coat of paint.  I know the wire coming from the I terminal on the switch goes to the + terminal on the coil and the - terminal goes to the points.  The condensor does hook to the + terminal on the coil correct?  I thought I would remember no longer than it would be out, but memory isn't what it used to be.  I'll mark everything else now!!!!!

Howie

Goes on the minus side.

• Like 1

Theroundhousernr

Negative side  where the points connect to is where your condensor goes.

Edited by Theroundhousernr

dells68

Thank you.  Used to I could pull something apart and put it back exactly like it was with no problem.  Now, I have trouble remembering names and details - kind of scares me - just turned 43:unsure:.  That's why I'm glad I have you guys for support!

• Like 3

Theroundhousernr
6 minutes ago, dells68 said:

Thank you.  Used to I could pull something apart and put it back exactly like it was with no problem.  Now, I have trouble remembering names and details - kind of scares me - just turned 43:unsure:.  That's why I'm glad I have you guys for support!

Now what will really screw with you is if you ever by an onan engine. On the P series the condensor hooks to the positive side..:laughing-rofl:

elcamino/wheelhorse

Heck you are still a kid. Wait til  you get in your 60's. Main goal in life is not getting lost in the dark house when you have to pee.

• Like 4

dells68

The pee thing is already rough - 2 or 3 times a night and falling over all of the crap my wife has piled up at the foot of the bed.  I've got two left feet anyway:laughing-rofl:. I teach 2nd grade and I honestly think all of the stress put on teachers now from the state level down does something to your memory!  Most of the people I work with have to take meds to manage the stress:blink:. It's the kids that keep me going!

Howie

Yeah, i put a coil back on a water pump with Briggs engine today and didn't hook up the ground wire. Points style ignition on it. Wondered why it would not

fire. Then when I found it i thought you big dummy!

elcamino/wheelhorse

Stress is a killer. Had a job like that wife was afraid I  was going to stroke out. I was saved went I messed my back up and could no longer work. That was 10 years ago. Living on SS is no fun.

dells68

I've got 8 years till I'll be eligible for early retirement.  Problem is I would only get about 1/2 of my retirement.  If I work 4 more beyond that, I can pull full retirement.  I just hope I can keep hanging with the stress.  Everybody keeps thinking it will get better, but it seems like every year things just keep getting tougher - no fault of the principals - they're under the same stress or even worse!  I miss the old days before no child left behind!

KC9KAS
8 hours ago, dells68 said:

Now, I have trouble remembering names and details - kind of scares me - just turned 43

Sorry to say but this will only get worse with time!

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

I have heard the NO Child Let Behind is a Royal Pain. You could teach in Richmond I think the kids motto is can't bring knives and guns to school lets beat the teachers up. Every city school has a full time cop.

dells68

That's alright.  Thankfully, I teach in a rural school that has mostly just good country kids.  Not meant as a slam - they have good values, are respectful for the most part, and are a pleasure to work with.  I've worked in another school that drew a large population from a nearby city and the dynamics were completely different and much more stressful!  It's all come down to every child has to be able to pass a specific state test on an assigned day with no consideration for what might have happened the night before.  High stakes gambling at it's best - base a whole year's worth of instruction and learning on one day.  Everyone can have an off day.  Then to add to that the set passing rate is the same for everyone - you and I know that we all learn differently and what is great for one student might be unacceptable for another student.  God didn't create us all the same, so why should we have to pass the same test?  :no:Sorry, I'll quit ranting - for the time being!

Edited by dells68
spelling
  • Like 1

953 nut
20 hours ago, Howie said:

i thought you big dummy!

My most commonly used phrase, more and more every day! Remember, getting old aint for sissies!     :ychain:

• Like 2

Mr. 856

"Don't worry be happy" ….....sounds so easy doesn't it? Stress is a killer. It caused me to throw in the white flag after 12 years as a service manager. Stress is no fun and some of us just deal with it differently then others. Today I try to as stress less as possible.

roadapples

When I need to relieve stress I just don`t watch the news...

dells68

We had a meeting at school with our resource officer.  Man did he give us enough to think about that would scare the crap out of you.  Man, the world we live in sure is scary!!!

• Like 1