elcamino/wheelhorse

ain't wishin4a416-8 no more

slammer302

Can't wait to see pics of the 416-8 with kohler 16. The green 520 is pretty sad looking it almost looks like some one actually tried to do a good job on the paint work but the color is all wrong. 

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

Up close it looks like someone spent a lot of time on the paint.

• Like 1

Sparky

This 520 Jim?.....yuck!!

I think that is your new steed in the background...

00h0h_gc6HOSJJtfV_600x450.jpg.ba45fd5f23

Mike...........

• Like 4

slammer302

He might have better luck saleing if he didn't post pics of it.Lol

• Like 3

Retired Sparky
14 minutes ago, Sparky said:

This 520 Jim?.....yuck!!

Mike...........

Sure and be gosh, it's an Irish pony.  And a two banger at that.  Am I right???

• Like 3

squonk

Those yellow floor boards are a nice touch! :rolleyes:

• Like 5

Retired Sparky

Say what you will, color means nothing in my back yard.   A twin 20hp beats a single 10hp. any day. B)

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

I explain some things about the seller.

1. I don't think he has a computer and pictures were posted by a friend.

2. He stores and works the tractors in his basement and lighting is not good or I would have taken some pictures.

3. He has some good items but do not know what is for sale and what are his keepers. 

4. That is the 416-8 I purchased in the back ground of the photo of the JD 520. The seller did not paint it he purchased it already painted

• Like 2

857 horse
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Up close it looks like someone spent a lot of time on the paint.

It hasnt been 3 days Jim.......i was talking about hidden Steeds......what happens ?????  !!!!!??????  

YOU surface a winner,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well good for you and us.......there is hope for Horses in VA.......

Maybe next time it will be my turn,,,       congrats.....beats a trip to PA or Ohio.....

Howard in VA

• Like 2

JAinVA

Jim,

I'm glad that deal worked out.How long did it take for him to get back to you from the initial contact?I know you were pretty bummed about his not replying.I get to drag a WH home tommorrow in spite of the Nor easter.At least we didn't have to risk arrest in PA.Luck,JAinVA

JimAnderson

Gloucester,Va

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

I think he was having phone problems . He picked up when I called the other night and made arraignments to me. I called last night to remind him that I was coming up. I had to leave a message and he returned my call within 1/2 hour. Good luck on your trip tomorrow, it is going to be nasty outside.

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Waiting for pictures Jim. Got to love them thumpers.

elcamino/wheelhorse

Jack I am sure I will have a lot of questions for you. First one where can I get lenses all the lights on dash? The 416 will be the spring and summer project besides helping my son landscape this backyard ( also know as the hill from hell).

• Like 2

ericj
13 hours ago, Sparky said:

This 520 Jim?.....yuck!!

Mike...........

it's also got a nice seat on and wheel horse wheel weights, it the price was right i might be willing to drag it home and possibly take to shows just for a conversation piece and get some people on both sides of the isle stirred up. 

eric j 

• Like 4

JAinVA

eric,

WHs fans would hurl at the sight of such an abused animal.The ad points out that the weights and rear tires you see do not go with the tractor.Just another reason to walk away from this poor beast.JAinVA

• Like 3

Tankman

The 416-8 is a worker. Red is for the blood we shed. No green stuff in our barn.

An acquaintance recently went to a green dealer, a riding mower (he needs more), paid thru the nose for junque. Ouch.

Coarse skateboard grip tape,  great on foot rests. Inexpensive and holds up very well.

Christian_Plow-www.jpg

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 2

DougL3

You guys are killing me. Guess I need to start back working on my 87 416-8.  

Using the 520 has been too easy. 

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

Well as promised I am sending pictures of the 416-8 . Hopefully I don't mess up. I was going today to make a list etc but the weather is nasty (nothing falling yet ) and my naps kept getting in the way. One of these days I will learn to take better pictures. It is  a model 31-16k804  serial number 28460. Have not checked serial number on engine. It is a Magnum 16. 

100_5990.JPG

100_5991.JPG

100_5992.JPG

100_5993.JPG

100_5994.JPG

100_5995.JPG

100_5996.JPG

• Like 8

Sparky

Nice machine.

Soooo.....what breed of dog ya got?? :rolleyes:

100_5990_thumb_JPG_4a901cd7e9a0ab9ffe822

Mike............

• Like 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

You should be looking at the Tractor and you picked on the natural fertilizer on the front tire. Sammy is a 15 year Heinz 57. We got him when he was about 2 years old from a rescue group. Took him to vets for check up and shots . Assistant was filling out paperwork and came to breed the vet looked , scratched his head and said just put down DOG. He suffers from separation anxiety and will not let me out of his sight.In fact he is laying at my feet right now. 

Edited by elcamino/wheelhorse
  • Like 6

Wishin4a416

Nice score!! Looks to be real nice shape for its age.

elcamino/wheelhorse

Even the headlights and tail lights work , not sure about the hour meter. Tires hold air but I think their days are numbered. Got to save up some funds before I do anything major. Plan at this point is to take care of rust areas. All seem to be surface rust. Also want to change all fluids. And use all the black duct tape I have on the seat  Started printing manuals this afternoon. Just work around 900 other projects and work on this as time permits. Still trying to get rid of the image of the green 520.

• Like 3

Phatboy

Elcamino !! That is a great lookimg tractor and shows alot of promice to be one of those awesome red machines,, and second its so nice to see you habe givin a loving dog a great home for all these years, my wife and i have always rescued or pets and love them like part of the family,, sorry not trying to hi-jack your post ,, just felt a sincere thank you was due,,, so congrats on that nice looking machine and thanks for giving your little buddy a great home...

• Like 2

JAinVA

Jim,

That machine looks like a keeper.It just goes to prove there are WHs in Va.Ya just gotta beat the bushes and keep your eyes open.Nice score.JAinVA

JimAnderson

Gloucester.Va