Xearl

523DXI Snow Thrower

Xearl

Well I’m done motorizing my snow thrower except for a on - off switch, coming in the mail, just in time for 70 degree weather. There is a 10amp in line fuse and there is a disconnect for each motor and the power.  I made this setup so it can be easily taken off and the original crank put back with just one clip. I think it looks a little crude compared to some of the setups on this site. I made it from items on hand around the shop. The box for the switches was to small to fit in the power switch so I’m going to mount it on top .( The white cap )

20160309_155358.thumb.jpg.bbf24d40a5d9c520160309_153035.thumb.jpg.2eba8f7d89aa2c20160309_153035.thumb.jpg.2eba8f7d89aa2c20160309_155358.thumb.jpg.bbf24d40a5d9c520160309_155335.thumb.jpg.cc9a2f6858cd3e

I still can't master the uploading of pictures . I gave up .

20160309_153024.jpg

20160309_155243.jpg

20160309_155335.jpg

Edited by Xearl
can't view pictures
  • Like 6

AMC RULES

I see nothing crude...

looks heavy duty to me.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 2

DennisThornton

That will be VERY handy when sitting inside the cab!  Might want some covers over as many moving parts as you can, though.

Xearl

Good advice I was thinking of covers . Cab ! What cab !   I wish .  ED

DennisThornton
2 hours ago, Xearl said:

Good advice I was thinking of covers . Cab ! What cab !   I wish .  ED

Manual controls are a big issue from an enclosed cab.  You're two steps ahead already so keep your eyes peeled.  I found two hardtops very reasonable!

Xearl

Thanks . ED