Phatboy

Finally AG tires and new rims on front

AMC RULES

Awesome :wh: of course.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

shallowwatersailor

Looks good! Hopefully we get more snow and you can report back on how it steers. I have read that on the steer axle they should be turned the opposite direction for more control.

• Like 2

kasey54

They indeed look great!

Phatboy

Shallow its like haveing power steering ,, much more easier,, i went from 6" rims to 8" rims also ,, they are slightly pigeon toed like this....... //---\\... In , in the front ,, 

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Looks great, more suited for the job of pushing snow. I often wondered if better than the ribbed tire for that chore.

Glenn

Phatboy

It was a toss up of the 2 types for me ,, but then i thought the AG's looked cooler lol,, so coolness won out haha..

• Like 1

doc724

what is that at the bottom on the lift mechanism.  Never saw one like that.  Is it a repair of some kind?

ericj

not trying to be mean or cause problems, but wheel horse put the valve stems on the inside on " MOST " of their tractors  :hide:     looks good did you change the spindles or use the originals ones

eric j 

Phatboy
48 minutes ago, doc724 said:

what is that at the bottom on the lift mechanism.  Never saw one like that.  Is it a repair of some kind?

Yes the lift arm cracked at the welds so we re welded it and put braces on both sidesand welded all the way up on all sides, with a mig welder..

16 minutes ago, ericj said:

not trying to be mean or cause problems, but wheel horse put the valve stems on the inside on " MOST " of their tractors  :hide:     looks good did you change the spindles or use the originals ones

eric j 

I had to buy new rims for the front my machine came with 6" rims and they dont make 6" ag tires so i had to buy new rims,, i made a post on here looking for some but got no replys so i had to buy a new set off ebay,, so yea valve stem is on outside ,, but they were all i could find anywhere.. Thats ok tho the are well made and look nice so im happy as long as they do the job..and yes used the same spindles..i had to put a axel spacer on the back 1/2 inch off of harley davidson axels ,, cause my axels were a 1/2 longer than the wheel hub.. But the spacers are made for axels and they look fine on there and they are the exact right size as far as axel OD,, Harley Davidson axels and wheel horse spindles are the exact same size.. Hey when money tight ya make do with what ya can,, but they are chrome so haha looks cool , i would really like to get a set of hubcaps for the front now and paint them black,, so if anyone has a set doesnt matter if chrome wore off or they plastic , as long as they arnt dented im gonna paint them anyway,, let me know

Edited by Phatboy
  • Like 2

Retired Sparky
1 hour ago, Phatboy said:

Well I "Finally" got AG tires on the front of my Horse.. What a pain lol .. How she look guys ?

image.png

That's a sweet looking tractor pal.  It's just like mine, but newer and a lot better paint.  I had a chance to buy a new one before the :wh: of my dreams went

out of production.  But the money wasn't right at that time.  Don't get me wrong I love my 30yr. old :wh:.  The mowing deck, the snowblower & the trailer, It's made a big difference in what I get done in the back yard.  If you look for my banner that Terry is going to make for me  you'll see what I mean.  

:lol:  Anyway, that's a nice looking ride. 

I guess you are going to the Event in June?   I'm in hopes to find a snow plow for my 310 and put a face to the ''Handles'' that I've been talking to this winter.

Pete  B)

• Like 1

Daddy Don

Glad to see you got the tires and rims. Looks great.

tractorhogg
2 hours ago, shallowwatersailor said:

Looks good! Hopefully we get more snow and you can report back on how it steers. I have read that on the steer axle they should be turned the opposite direction for more control.

I agree it might be more effective, but it would look really silly

BTW, the tires look really good

Edited by tractorhogg

WHX??

Yeah looks real nice.....what about chains on turf for steering on ice guys? Your chains mark up your blacktop at all Phatboy?

Edited by WHX6

ericj

i bought my house in 96 and didn't think i could afford a wheel horse at that time till i found a C120 auto and fixed it up. i dreamed of a 416-H every time i went into the dealership to get parts. finally in 99 i was able to buy my 314-8 because they no longer made the 416's

eric j 

Phatboy
9 minutes ago, WHX6 said:

Yeah looks real nice.....what about chains on turf for steering on ice guys? Your chains mark up your blacktop at all Phatboy?

Umm it depends buddy i. Real careful not to spin to much,, and do pretty good at it , but like the almost 2 foot of snow we got like 3 weeks ago and a 48" blade its kind of hard not to,, never get stuck thays for sure but i have. 170 ft, driveway so about half way up they start spinning a little until you get to the end,, you dont notice it cause you dont really slow dont that much but there is some slipping,, so the answer to that is all depends on how much you are pushing,, some springs i can see the chain marks others after a normal winter i cant..

• Like 1

TDF5G

Tires look good,man!

Instead of hubcaps for the front, maybe some wheel weights painted black?

Flatheadpete

Looks good.  I was pushing snow with my 856 last night, again last night and again this morning and wondered how AG's would work on the front.  Mine doesn't seem to steer so well with a load of wet, heavy snow out front.  I'll have to give it a shot!