Tankman

Rim Offset

Tankman

Guess I could get "messy" but heavy rain outdoors and cozy next to the wood stove.

What's the rim offset for WH rims? 23 x 10.5 x 12" tires. :eusa-think:

I'm thinkin' 60/40 but very old brains memory. The Ms. will be home soon, OMG! I didn''t get anything on my honey-do list done!

• Like 8

tractorhogg

Buck up Marine and face the fire. lol

• Like 2

Tankman

10-4!

• Like 2

tractorhogg

BTW, I've never heard of rim offsets measure as 60/40, just in fractions of an inch 

Tankman

That would be 60%-40%. The 40% to the backside (hub side).

Lived in Tulsa, late 60's. Building dorms in Norman (sp?) and Oral Roberts U. Loved it! Learned how to handle a shotgun real well too!

• Like 2

tractorhogg

so around a 1-1/4" offset, as 3-3/4" would be the middle of a 7.5 inch rim. Simplicity/Allis is similar, Bolens, Massey, Cub all different.

BTW, its still a nice town, Tulsa that is. To big for me almost 400,000. I live 35 miles north near the Will Rogers ranch on Lake Oologah, Cherokee Territory, 900 in the town, and I don't live in it, lol. Were a little spread surrounded by miles of prairie 

20150702_203743.jpg

Edited by tractorhogg
  • Like 4

doc724

Only been thru Tulsa once, back in 2011.  I bicycled Route 66 on my journey to Chicago.   Lots and lots of traffic lights! 

• Like 1

Tankman

Had a great time in Tulsa, should've stayed.

Picked up a pair of mounted 23 x 10.5 x 12 Carlisle Turf Chief's on Simplicity Landlord rims.

The Simplicity rims while they do fit the Horses, too close for comfort to the gas tank and mounts. Offset? 

Rubber is in decent condition and for $10, why not? I only use the Horses on turf or gravel drives. The pickup was 10 minutes round trip. :handgestures-thumbupright:

tires_turf.png

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 2

tractorhogg

Great score. Those were high dollar tires when new, lots of life in them

tractorhogg
2 hours ago, doc724 said:

Only been thru Tulsa once, back in 2011.  I bicycled Route 66 on my journey to Chicago.   Lots and lots of traffic lights! 

You want traffic light try hwy 71 between Missouri and Arkansas, it's like Christmas.

Tankman
48 minutes ago, tractorhogg said:

Great score. Those were high dollar tires when new, lots of life in them

One is holding air, the other has a slow leak.

Retired, drive a TT casual when needed, for a retread plant. Plenty of tire paint!  And, the price is right, $0.00.

They do rims too. Ain't that nice!

I'm thinkin' (again), "The grandsons would love usin' the mid-mount grader with duals."

Retired Sparky

Do any of you guys live in an area where you can walk into a store and shop for your :wh: tires and rims like you would for your PU??   Shopping on line for this stuff is :snooty: not fun.  I'm kind of a hands on guy.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

On 2/25/2016 at 0:09 AM, tractorhogg said:

so around a 1-1/4" offset, as 3-3/4" would be the middle of a 7.5 inch rim. Simplicity/Allis is similar, Bolens, Massey, Cub all different.

BTW, its still a nice town, Tulsa that is. To big for me almost 400,000. I live 35 miles north near the Will Rogers ranch on Lake Oologah, Cherokee Territory, 900 in the town, and I don't live in it, lol. Were a little spread surrounded by miles of prairie 

20150702_203743.jpg

900....that's twice the size of the town I was raised in.B)

• Like 1

tractorhogg
2 hours ago, Retired Sparky said:

Do any of you guys live in an area where you can walk into a store and shop for your :wh: tires and rims like you would for your PU??   Shopping on line for this stuff is :snooty: not fun.  I'm kind of a hands on guy.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

900....that's twice the size of the town I was raised in.B)

That's twice the size as it was when I moved here in 1996. Brick and mortar stores can't compete with eBay or online stores on tire and rim prices. Miller has 15x10 rims at around 68 dollars, you can't buy them at very many places, let alone at that price. That size of rim allows you to use a wider 15 inch tire, which is extremely hard to find as well, great for D series

Edited by tractorhogg