tractorhogg

New AGs For the D160

AMC RULES

Some beefy lugs on them ags, for sure.  :handgestures-salute:

• Like 2

tractorhogg

The Deestones I bought said they were 6 ply  "RATED".  I pushed two heavy snows that were 8 inches deep on a 400 foot driveway and did a little tilling the next spring and the lugs are nearly gone. Here is a picture of them new and they weren't that big/deep of lugs to start with, imagine half of that lug worn down, yeah. The Deestones were half the price of the Intercos, but after lasting barely two years they were a terrible buy. I paid 142.00 apiece for the Interco delivered to the door, I will never wear them out, that is what I call cost effective, and a deal. The Deestones look nice and I suppose if you don't actually use your tractor they might last a while, but I hardly overworked them and they were dead dogs. The felling of the savings disappeared about as quick as the lugs did.

deestone ags.jpg

Edited by tractorhogg
  • Like 6

can whlvr

are the deestones china junk,i put china tires on the back of my skid steer,they arnt even gonna last 300 hours,considering the fronts have over 3000,i guess you get what you pay for,but I would think you would get a little more out of the deestones than that

• Like 1

tractorhogg
4 minutes ago, can whlvr said:

are the deestones china junk,i put china tires on the back of my skid steer,they arnt even gonna last 300 hours,considering the fronts have over 3000,i guess you get what you pay for,but I would think you would get a little more out of the deestones than that

Many tires are Chinese or Asian junk, Quality tires are worth what they cost, you can find out the hard way, but you don't have too.

• Like 1

Phatboy
2 hours ago, tractorhogg said:

The Deestones I bought said they were 6 ply  "RATED".  I pushed two heavy snows that were 8 inches deep on a 400 foot driveway and did a little tilling the next spring and the lugs are nearly gone. Here is a picture of them new and they weren't that big/deep of lugs to start with, imagine half of that lug worn down, yeah. The Deestones were half the price of the Intercos, but after lasting barely two years they were a terrible buy. I paid 142.00 apiece for the Interco delivered to the door, I will never wear them out, that is what I call cost effective, and a deal. The Deestones look nice and I suppose if you don't actually use your tractor they might last a while, but I hardly overworked them and they were dead dogs. The felling of the savings disappeared about as quick as the lugs did.

deestone ags.jpg

I bought the same exact tires for my horse and Deestone for the front also ,, they are all brand new so i hope they last longer than that,,

Aldon

I really like the looks of the Interforce tires.

Looking forward to seeing them on the tractor.

Has me thinking more about getting some D series Hubs for my other GT14 and similarly mounting a set of the Interforce. 

If if you report back positively on their use, it will seal the idea! 

Hopefully they perform as great as they look!

tractorhogg
6 minutes ago, Aldon said:

I really like the looks of the Interforce tires.

Looking forward to seeing them on the tractor.

Has me thinking more about getting some D series Hubs for my other GT14 and similarly mounting a set of the Interforce. 

If if you report back positively on their use, it will seal the idea! 

Hopefully they perform as great as they look!

The only problem your going to have is the rim size, unless you go with the d series hubs and run the wide 12 inch rims. Intercos are only offered in 12" and 14" rim size

14 minutes ago, Phatboy said:

I bought the same exact tires for my horse and Deestone for the front also ,, they are all brand new so i hope they last longer than that,,

I hope so too, but the rubber is soft and when they wear there isn't enough lug left when used to push snow or garden

• Like 1

Aldon

Thanks Tractorhogg. I assumed rims would need changed as well. I would change to D hubs due to lug pattern. I doubt a 4 hole rim is available to mount them otherwise.

I am interested in your feedback once you have worked them a bit as to traction.

• Like 1

elliot ness

Sweet mother of bar tires, those are boss !:bow-blue:

• Like 3

Phatboy

Ok some one please say something good about Deestone tires lmao,, i just put them on all the way around ,, i was so happy i finally got AG's lol ,, now im all bummed :no::no::no:please dont be crap haha

• Like 1

tractorhogg
2 minutes ago, Phatboy said:

Ok some one please say something good about Deestone tires lmao,, i just put them on all the way around ,, i was so happy i finally got AG's lol ,, now im all bummed :no::no::no:please dont be crap haha

Okay, I heard their NEW heavy duty rear Ags were "better" but still soft rubber, it dpends what you ask of them, gravel and asphalt are going to wear them more than dirt and grass.

17 minutes ago, Aldon said:

Thanks Tractorhogg. I assumed rims would need changed as well. I would change to D hubs due to lug pattern. I doubt a 4 hole rim is available to mount them otherwise.

I am interested in your feedback once you have worked them a bit as to traction.

I bought these because a friend of mine that has a 8,000 acre cattle ranch uses these on his 4 wheelers and RTVs and has for several years, he goes into the outback of Oklahoma and has no trouble and hasn't had to replace one. He also has some ITP 589s made by Interco, but they don't make the 589s anymore. I've spent in excess of 4,000 on tires in 3 years, I do alot of research and review on tires before i buy, especially after getting stung for a pretty set of Deestones, that were cheap, I got what I paid for.

tractorhogg
28 minutes ago, Aldon said:

For your GT14, you might want to use the 27x7.5-12, they are a little wider mounted on a standard 5  hole wheel horse wheel, If you could use a C series 5 hole hub. I do not know if the 30 tall tire will go under the GT14 might measure

interco7.jpg

• Like 1

ericj

I have Dee stone on several of my tractors and i have used them on a 310-8 that I made a 312-8 and plowed snow with them and I've never noticed any wear on them, might have to check them now, i also never have plowed a 3 or 400 foot drive with it either. it has always been a back up tractor, except the last 2 years when i used it up at my wife's grandma's house before it was sold over this past summer. her drive was only one car wide and barely 2 cars long. i like them they seem to bite in pretty good. i just bought a pair at the WHCC show last year just got them mounted on rims but haven't installed on a tractor yet.

eric j

857 horse
On 2/25/2016 at 7:22 PM, elliot ness said:

Sweet mother of bar tires, those are boss !:bow-blue:

I hate just luggin stuff around,,,,,,,Luggin....    get it??                        Never mind !!!                        loololo

• Like 3

Aldon

@tractorhogg, How did these work out thus far? Did you post a pic of them installed? I just picked up 12 inch D rims and will be scrounging for D Hubs for a project GT14 I'll start this spring.

Phatboy

I use Carlsile Tru Power and used them last winter , plowed my garden, and mowed all this season and haven't even wore the little nubs (****) off them yet ,, and also I like this brand cause they are true to size and are square not rounded looking like the deestone,,,and a good compound they last forever.. just my 2 cents,, oh yea and I have 100lbs of weight on each wheel and don't need chains on my 110 foot asphalt driveway,,and I live in PA we get tons of snow every year.. I have them on both my John Deere and my 520

On 2/24/2016 at 7:26 PM, Phatboy said:

I only kept them on my 3-10-8 cause I sold it right away lol ,, I use nothing but Carlisle Tru power now

Edited by Phatboy
  • Like 1

DennisThornton

I'm enjoying this thread!  Would like to hear more!