Xjchief

Today's score

Xjchief

Picked this one up today not terrible but missing a few items also transmission won't spin. Any idea what model ? Still not too late to start a winter project right ha

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 6

dpriceute

I'm no expert but it looks like a 701 to me.  No slats in front hood and those footrest are unique to that year.

Edited by dpriceute
  • Like 4

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:...and it's serial # would slide into those listed here perfectly. 

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:  If it below freezing up in Connecticut you may have some water in the transmission that is preventing it from turning. 

• Like 3

Shynon

701 thicker steering fan and small metal strap above the serial tag to support the plastic dash

Xjchief

Haha thanks guys this thing I found out was a lawn ornament ,flower holders in the seat backrest. Ugh it's pretty toasty upon further 

review transmission filled with water clutch pedal linkage gone back tires shot fronts ok , lift bar to raise and lower gone, belt guard gone and obviously no engine. On a good note the front steering fan gear etc. is good ,hood not bad ,gas tank clean ,rims good. So I'm torn I don't like to part things out but it jus might be depending how the transmission goes, never been in there before, gotta browse the transmission section. Every horse deserves to be rolling around again .

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Nice find. Winter is still here. Go for it.

Xjchief

You were right 953nut it did have some water in it because after I drained it and warmed it up in the shop everything spins freely now.

also I'm now beginning the search for the clutch pedal linkage and the lift handle and belt guard. If anyone has any pictures or info on what I should look for and a close up on how it should look assembled on the tractor that whould be appreciated thanks.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Nice find. Find a engine and enjoy it as is.  Gary    B....

• Like 1