TDF5G

VINTAGE PICS

danjmah

Great pics, thx for sharing!

• Like 5

RedRanger

If we could only see it in color!  I don't know that I've ever seen that model of WH trailer?

Very cool!  Thanks for sharing.

By the way, my parents say they had the same car seat for me back in the day.  

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Cool pics, thanks for sharing. :handgestures-thumbupright: Dad had good taste in cars AND tractors....hope some of it rubbed off on ya!! :ychain:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

Really great pics.     I'm guessing this last one is 1965.   You look like a.......  " terrible two".....

• Like 2

TDF5G
30 minutes ago, RedRanger said:

Looks like your dad upgraded to a newer deck some time between these two photos.

Nice photos.  Based on all the posing, your dad really appreciated his Horses.

Yes, that's possible.   Or the color photo may be a different tractor, maybe a 1965, if his leg was just not in the way!   Some keen eyed enthusiasts here will tell us.    Dad traded tractors every few years through the sixties and seventies up until he retired, and he always put light kits on them.  He became friend's with the local WH dealer and he bought vehicles from Dad every few years also.

He took pride in all his vehicles including the WHs.  I remember getting yelled at;  "don't scratch it, or get my feet off the seat, quit fooling with those knobs, leave that alone," etc. :rolleyes:  The dealer always like getting his trade-ins.  They would sell quickly he said. 

Edited by TDF5G
  • Like 5

elcamino/wheelhorse

They are some great pictures , thanks for sharing.

• Like 3

Phatboy

Wow bud thats awesome ,, thanks for sharing those , i like looking at old pics of back in the good old days where times were simplar ,and ppl were kinder to each other,, and Tractors were extra sexy back then !!

• Like 6

russellmc301

well i have some pic of me on the raider 10 when i was a toddler

but that wasn't that long ago B) 

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Yes please...keep posting more :text-coolphotos:

• Like 4

RedRanger

Nothing wrong with old pictures and family stories.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 5

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Totally the greatest pictures, BIG THANK YOU for sharing them.

Glenn

• Like 4

953 nut
6 hours ago, TDF5G said:

Oh, and that's me in the dump cart.

First, let me say this is a very cool :text-goodpost:, thanks for sharing all of those photos.

The dump cart is a LTD-24 and was made from 1958 to 1961. I have one and it is great with the Suburban but not so much with the later :wh:.  The tongue on these trailers was made to fit into the smaller sleeve hitch on the RJs and Suburbans and had pivot points built into it, a real piece of work! Take a look at the manual.

• Like 7

TDF5G

Yeah it has a funky swivel thing on the tongue that only works on a sleeve hitch.  I remember busting it once when a buddy and me were using it to haul firewood out of the hollers on his grandpas place.  Had to get it welded.  I found some WH paint and touched up the weld.  It was a couple of years before Dad noticed it.  :huh:

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1