Aldon

Buy once cry once or......

ztnoo

Better weather and temps foretell future progress!

2tu.gif.f1a5d07fafcedc4a6e8b5eb616c78474

• Like 1

WHX??

Is that a spin on oil filter & oil pressure gauge  I see Aldon?

Aldon
37 minutes ago, WHX61/3 said:

Is that a spin on oil filter & oil pressure gauge  I see Aldon?

yes. it is pressure lubricated. a bit pricey uplift but in the end, I think worth it.

• Like 2

squonk

Are you going to plumb some air lines around the shop? The air leaving doesn't have a chance to cool and condense before hitting that filter. A lot of moisture could get by that and end up in your sand.

2035_R_1c346579.jpg.5abcdee27bd3d8e74c6c

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

Martin

Even if just temporary, I would mount the filter on the cabinet or very close to it and at least have a run of flexible 10-20 ft between the compressor and cabinet. Always run the filters right at the point of use.....as the air lines will still pick up moisture as the air travels and cools as it moves further away from the compressor.

Like squonk said, the air coming out of the compressor, even if only temporary is going to carry a lot of moisture. It will overwhelm the filter. 

When you do plumb in hard line, make sure to have a few drops along the way so gravity can be your helper to keep the moisture under control. That diagram above is a good example of how to plumb drops (the ball valves) in the system.

Aldon

Thanks gents. This was just temporary until I have a chance to run lines and filters properly.

squonk

I wasin my local Runnings store today. They had that compressor on the floor. $2799. That things a beast!!

• Like 1