gattonde

2 Stage Blower Drive Chain Tension Bracket

gattonde

While using my Two Stage Blower, the drive chain tension bracket fell off and was lost in the snow.  I cannot find a source to purchase a replacement for this bracket.  Can someone who has this blower please provide me measurements so I can make one.

Thanks,

Dan

gwest_ca

Is that the one with the nylon block on it?

I recall someone replacing it with an idler sprocket and bearing similar to the ones on the single-stage snowthrowers. About $9 in Canada.

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/17-teeth-17mm-bore-40-chain-idler-sprocket/A-p8069932e

They have bushings available to reduce the 6203 bearing 17mm bore to a bolt size for mounting.

Garry

Kurt-NEPA

This is a picture of what I did to mine.  The red part is original, Idler sprocket came from TSC.  I had to extend the sprocket downward to clear the housing.  It also required a longer chain.  The two carriage bolt slid on slot in the housing.  Mine bracket is on my blower so its hard to get dimensions,  I'll try if nobody else come up with them.

56a7db7cc8a29_ChainIdler.thumb.jpg.057ea

lynnmor
2 hours ago, gattonde said:

While using my Two Stage Blower, the drive chain tension bracket fell off and was lost in the snow.  I cannot find a source to purchase a replacement for this bracket.  Can someone who has this blower please provide me measurements so I can make one.

Thanks,

Dan

Did you have the one with a wood block?  If so, I'll measure mine.

Update:

In the photo above, the red part dimensions are:

3/16" x 2" steel.

3 1/2" to jog.

Jog is 1 1/2"

Last straight portion is 1 1/4"

Mounting holes are 2 1/4" apart.

Wood block not shown is 1 1/4" x 1 1/2" front to back x 2" with rounded side towards chain. Holes are about 1 1/4" apart.

Edited by lynnmor
Update
  • Like 1

gattonde

Thanks for info Lynnmor