420lse

520h snow plow

420lse

Will the 520h show plow fit a 522xi ? Thanks in advance.

DennisThornton

I'm quite curious as well!  Seems I read that the 520 with the forward swept axle needed a plow frame extension and I'm wondering if the 5XIs need the same.  My 522xi already has the rear axle hitch so it wouldn't take me long to see if a plow fits.

Don1977

The pictures of snow plows on the xi machines has the handle mounting extended out past the foot pad. I think that would be the biggest thing. Not sure about the length of the plow, but that could be changed by a different extension.

doc724

Somehow this topic sounds familiar.  I did measure both of my plows at one time for someone and the xi is quite a bit longer than a classic tractor.  However, the extension kit on a plow for a 520 may be close enough.  Positioning of the rock shaft and the lift link may be different and the foot rest on the xi may interfere with the pivot selector.  A follow-up reply from Dennis may be your best bet for a confirming answer.  My plows are in the shed and the tractors have blowers on them now...and is just started to snow here!

WNYPCRepair

The Handle would be the biggest issue, it is totally different than any other plow out there. It uses a tube for the cable to go through, and extend it out past the footrest. While it could be modified, it will take some fabricating

56a3dd6f6e476_xiblade.thumb.JPG.70326fbb

Edited by WNYPCRepair
  • Like 2

DennisThornton
3 hours ago, WNYPCRepair said:

The Handle would be the biggest issue, it is totally different than any other plow out there. It uses a tube for the cable to go through, and extend it out past the footrest. While it could be modified, it will take some fabricating

56a3dd6f6e476_xiblade.thumb.JPG.70326fbb

Oh!  Yes!  Big foot pads on the 5XIs.  Doable but definitely not just extending the frame 420lse!  Problem is 5XIs and parts are scare around here!  I was lucky to find two tractors and I have not seen a blade or blower for sale anywhere nearby!  Brian, maybe I could impose upon you for some closeups of the blade adjustment mechanism?  Might be a couple of us fabbing up something...

420lse

Here are some pics but the 520h plow looks basically like most plows that fit C thru 400 series except for the extension and the curved adjustment arm.

P1020242.JPG

P1020241.JPG

• Like 1

DennisThornton

I was thinking the extension might be needed but I didn't know the adjustment assy was SO much different.  But, some time, a few pieces, some heat, vise and maybe a torch....

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

56a5855695455_ScreenShot2016-01-24at9.15

• Like 1

420lse

Thanks to everyone for your answers and pics. Looks like a no go unless serious mods are undertaken. Not to mention converting a perfectly good plow into a frankinplow. Thanks again

Moe 

Edited by 420lse