cmorrow

520LXI Dozer blade lift link

cmorrow

Hi all,

Quick question that I am hoping some of the members of this forum could help me with.

I am a fairly new owner of a 520LXI. I purchased it with the dozer blade, part 79355, over the summer. Last night I decided to install the blade since they are calling for a surprising amount of snow in our area this weekend, and I am excited to try it out! However, during the last step of installation I realized that my blade was missing either of the lift links for my tractor. In this case I believe I would have wanted to use the slotted link to avoid down pressure with snow removal.

In the manual, this looks like a pretty simple part to fab up, and it just attaches with 2 3/8x3/4" clevis pins to the attachment lift plate under the tractor. If you have this setup, would you mind giving me some dimensions of the slotted link? Specifically, overall length, location of the end hole and start/stop of the slot? 

There seems to be a ton of dimensions for the older tractor/blade links, but I was unsuccessful in searching this forum for details on the newer style. 

If I don't have this link, it looks like I could simply loop a small piece of chain over the lifting bar for the mower deck and attach it to the blade as well - does anyone see an issue with that? 

Thanks a ton for any help!

shallowwatersailor

Just in time! Another hour and mine would be installed. The PO did some modification with an extra hole and inserting a bolt to shorten the slot.

• Length: 8-3/8"
  • Width: 1-1/2"
  • Thickness: 5/16"
  • center to hole from edge: 3/4"
  • Slot length: 2-1/4"
  • Hole and slot width: 3/8"

DSCN3300.thumb.JPG.db33f6298527d39a3afd6

cmorrow

THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

That is fantastic! So helpful. 

I hope your snow removal goes well this weekend! 

gwest_ca
1 hour ago, shallowwatersailor said:

Just in time! Another hour and mine would be installed. The PO did some modification with an extra hole and inserting a bolt to shorten the slot.

• Length: 8-3/8"
  • Width: 1-1/2"
  • Thickness: 5/16"
  • center to hole from edge: 3/4"
  • Slot length: 2-1/4"
  • Hole and slot width: 3/8"

DSCN3300.thumb.JPG.db33f6298527d39a3afd6

Thanks for posting this.

Does this look accurate?

Garry

shallowwatersailor

Yes, Garry, mine has the bolt in it so the slotted-end inset could be different than the other end. The bolt just shortens the travel in the slot.

1 hour ago, cmorrow said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

That is fantastic! So helpful. 

I hope your snow removal goes well this weekend! 

My procrastination, given the history of snowfall in this area (next to none sometimes), has made me scramble now! The forecast is mid 40's for next week. But the city just about shutdown with 7/10's of an inch so we will be snowbound if we get the 28" that they are saying.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Berco
      By Berco
      Hello all. My battery in my 520LXI was going out, the lights would come on but the engine would not turn over. I put a 1.5 amp truckle charger on the battery when i left for a 4 days trip. I come back and the same. I also noticed i left the key in the run position (the hour meter did not run). I swap out batteries and now the mower is completely dead. When i turn the key - nothing. I verify the battery it good (13.04v), negative is connected to the engine block, voltage is good on the solenoid side of the starter. I out the key to run and try to jump to see if i can start and nothing. Not even a spark. I have used this mover for years and has 500 hours. Could the ignition switch or brake switch be bad? The seat switch is jumped.What else could cause my mower to be dead? Thank you in advance.
    • Bill Winn
      By Bill Winn
      For sale. 1981 WH C-175 Kohler twin series 1

1. Tractor has brand new ag tires all the way around, brand new seat, new points and condenser, new rear blade quick attach bracket, lights have been rewired with LEDs, it has a brand new lift cable and bracket,seat pan is from a 410... it's surface rusted but at least it isn't busted up like the oem plastic one, starts and runs but smokes a bit on startup if it's been sitting for months but she runs smooth and strong.

2. Tiller is like new. It had been used only about once when I bought it and now it has been used 4 times more. Tines still have much of the factory paint on them.

3. 42" mower deck works perfectly, 4. snow blade was/ is rough but I repaired it so it is quite functional,

4. Brand new rear grader blade,

5. Wheel Horse brand plow,

6. Wheel Horse brand disc- I added a piece of motorgrader blade for a drag. I also welded a post to the top to hold weights,

7. Wheel Horse brand cultivator,

8. Home built furrower. (Makes good rows)

The original Wheel Horse plow/disc/cultivator originally came as a modular kit and in order to use it the draw bar and clevis hitch had to be swapped back and forth. (big pain) I fabricated draw bars and hitches onto each piece so this is no longer necessary.
      I think this is a fair asking price at $2200 for all.

• WH1618speed
      By WH1618speed
      1965 Wheel Horse 855 with 42" blade and chains 

Runs good
      Sheet metal is very straight, great candidate for restoration. 
      Missing Belt guard 
      Will sell tractor by itself for $500 without blade and chains 
      Blade is straight and lots of cutting edge left... just a little rusty. 

Text, call, or email with any questions. If you call and I don't answer please leave a voicemail with your name and number. Thanks!

I can also deliver to the big show in Arendtsville, PA... IF you prepay. 

Facebook Marketplace link with more pics: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/598023068755689?rid=229092436403311&ad_id&rt=1&refID=0&refType=0&referral_code=commerce_attachment

• Joe Warren
      By Joe Warren
      New Old Stock Toro/Wheel Horse Blade Kit #117192
      This kit contains three # 116207 blades
      Diagonal length:               14”
      Blade width:                       2"
      Center hole:                       3/4” diameter
      Used On:                             42” Side Discharge Mower   (1989 - 1992)   Models:  05-42SY01, 05-42SY02, 05-42SY03, 05-42RY01, 78415, 38" Side Discharge Mower Model 05-38SY01
      $49 per kit which includes shipping within US lower 48
      Two kits available

Thank you
      Joeww121@gmail.com

• Trouty56
      By Trouty56
      Tractor vs. Implement cross reference chart for models from 1955 - 2000
      110 pages 513.43KB

This chart lists the original attachment model
      The model that replaced the original model
      The model that was available when the list was made

Often many models between the last two are not listed.
      You must go from year to year and follow the model numbers to see them all.

For a complete list of models click on the magnifying glass in the Search box. Enter DNA in the Search box and select Files from the drop down menu. Two pages of 33 results will come up in random order. Find the attachment you are looking for and click on it. The DNA for that model of attachment will come up. Look for the model of your attachment in the DNA list. They are organized from earliest to latest.
      OR
      Search the Files using a model number you know will work. Look through the results for DNA in another file name for the same item. That will have the full list of models.

STD for a model indicates that attachment was standard equipment that came on that model of tractor.

Mistakes in the online attachment list @ Toro. The Attachment Interchange is correct but confusing and the source of the mistakes.
      1970 *VS           rear discharge mower deck                             5-7362 is correct replaced by 5-0610 both CCW rotation
      1971                  rear discharge mower deck                             5-0600 - CW spindle rotation fits long frame tractors only
      1971 *CG-7 & 8 rear discharge mower deck should be model 5-7362 - CCW spindle rotation
      1972 *CG-7 & 8 rear discharge mower deck should be model 5-0610 - CCW spindle rotation
      1973 *VS           rear discharge mower deck should be model 5-0611 - CCW spindle rotation

1970 *VS          side discharge mower deck                             5-2365 is correct replaced by 5-0700 both CCW rotation
      1971                  side discharge mower deck                            5-0710 - CW spindle rotation fits long frame tractors only
      1971 *CG-7 & 8 side discharge mower deck should be model 5-0700 - CCW spindle rotation
      1972 *CG-7 & 8 side discharge mower deck should be model 5-0701 - CCW spindle rotation
      1973 *VS           side discharge mower deck should be model 5-0702 - CCW spindle rotation

1974 Replacement rear discharge mower deck for the model 5-0622 (side discharge) is wrong - should be 65-36XR01

*Models using a vertical engine crankshaft