JoeliusZ28

New member from michigan

JoeliusZ28

Hey All,

Figured I'd sign up here because information I've found on this forum led me to buying a tractor today.  I bought a house a year ago and it came with a pretty large paved driveway so i needed something that could handle moving a good volume of snow.  My dad had this '89 414-8 that he was the original owner of, but wasn't really using anymore since purchasing a zero turn this year.  1200 well maintained hours on it and i believe the 48" deck as well (I didnt measure).  I remembered as a kid looking through the sales brochure of all the attachments you could get for these so that got me thinking this would be the perfect tractor for the job.  Took me a couple months but I managed to track down a 79360 tall chute on craigslist that appears to barely have been used.  We put it all together today and brought it over to my house.  Going to make a weight rack for the rear hitch next.  I havent gotten to use it yet, but so far im very happy with it and can tell its going to last me a long time.  I've never had much interest in lawn tractors but I'll probably be making a few more changes down the road with all the information that seems to be available for these.

Joel

3BC675C8-B56C-4DF6-B545-79B37AEA489D_zpsdcrbzyey.jpg

6494D9BB-F4B4-4A01-AEE1-E887B2C8F127_zpsekmc1bls.jpg

C0DEDC92-AA90-4FBA-B002-4A7759C952C4_zps6xaylhgg.jpg

Edited by JoeliusZ28
fixing pictures
  • Like 8

rjg854

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

AMC RULES

:WRS:

Sparky

Mike............

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Always good to see another Michigander!

ACman
46 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Always good to see another Michigander!

Same goes here ! :text-coolphotos:

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti:  Joe.     Tractor really looks well maintained.    The deck looks like a 48".

JC 1965

Awesome lookin tractor,    :WRS:

WHX??

:text-yeahthat: & !:text-welcomewave:

GlenPettit

Welcome a'board, nice equipment & photos. . . . 

Edited by GlenPettit

DougC

Hello and :text-welcomeconfetti:.      Enjoy the forum and your new toys.   :handgestures-thumbupright:

JoeliusZ28

Thanks everyone!  I appreciate how active this board is!

can whlvr

Retired Sparky

It's never too late to say hello and :WRS:.  That is indeed a very nice tractor and certainly well cared for. Lots of tractor happy people and tons of info.B)