Tankman

Ken B, Great lookin' "ships."

As a teen, many years ago, grew up on Long Island. We would fish the Sound often or ski to Connecticut. We thrived on clams and oysters all summer long.  B)

• Like 1

tractorhogg
4 minutes ago, Tankman said:

Ken B, Great lookin' "ships."

As a teen, many years ago, grew up on Long Island. We would fish the Sound often or ski to Connecticut. We thrived on clams and oysters all summer long.  B)

I lived in Smithtown L.I. after getting out of the Army, used to go to Huntington Harbor all the time to sail

• Like 1

Tankman
42 minutes ago, tractorhogg said:

I lived in Smithtown L.I. after getting out of the Army, used to go to Huntington Harbor all the time to sail

Dated often, the Smithtown Drive In movies. Gave my 414-8 Horse to my sister in Port Jeff.

TDF5G
On 12/8/2015 at 4:41 PM, Tankman said:

My vote goes to Rustoleum Regal Red. Usually on the shelf at Home "Cheapo".

'Bout $4.00 a rattle can. Holds up well.

I did a little touch up the other day with a can of Rustoleum Sunrise Red that I had sitting around from a previous project.  It matched pretty well.   

Edited by TDF5G
  • Like 1

tractorhogg
3 hours ago, Tankman said:

Dated often, the Smithtown Drive In movies. Gave my 414-8 Horse to my sister in Port Jeff.

I used to frequent the St. James Pub quite a bit. Met a lot of hot girls thete and was always high score on the Asteroid machine

• Like 1

bob's toy

Wish I had read these post before I began my painting..I bead blasted all parts after a complete tear down. I mean every nut bolt and screw. I then primed everything with Rustoleum white bare metal primer. I then took the cheap way and bought the Majic paint at the tractor store..IH Red and the IH white..I used a spray gun and mix with the hardener and thinned with mineral spirits. As for the results, I am very pleased with the finish, no it did not take weeks or many days to cure. I am not restoring this for show but it does look great, however it is still in pieces and I will know the full results soon..Hope I didn't make too big of a mistake. All I can say is read and learn from these guys, they know their stuff. Thanks for being there for us noobs.

• Like 4

Magne
On 9.12.2015 at 4:53 AM, mikekot3 said:

What would the color code for PPG urethane paint be for 1994 Wheel horse 416-8?

I painter mine 1054  with    VOLKSWAGEN  . LY3D 

• Like 2

AMC RULES

...and boy...did it turn out great Magne.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

large.20151003_153749.jpg.205cab4a8be06d

• Like 3

Rob R

I have done three Wheel Horse tractors (none trailer queens) using a quart and a spray can (aerosol) of the same color [Sunrise Red] (both purchased at Home depot). Take a light sand paper or scouring pad to rough up the existing paint then clean well with a paint degreaser (like simple green) dry well then take a good 2 inch brush and brush on the paint using the quart can.... let it set for about 5 mins  shake the can real well then spray a light coat to spray paint over the brushed on coat and it will remove all the brush marks and you will have a great looking paint job for pennies.....   P.S. The rustoleum paint is great stuff works best if your temp is at or above 45-50 degrees, also let it dry for 2 days.

tractorhogg
On 12/15/2015 at 5:16 PM, bob's toy said:

Wish I had read these post before I began my painting..I bead blasted all parts after a complete tear down. I mean every nut bolt and screw. I then primed everything with Rustoleum white bare metal primer. I then took the cheap way and bought the Majic paint at the tractor store..IH Red and the IH white..I used a spray gun and mix with the hardener and thinned with mineral spirits. As for the results, I am very pleased with the finish, no it did not take weeks or many days to cure. I am not restoring this for show but it does look great, however it is still in pieces and I will know the full results soon..Hope I didn't make too big of a mistake. All I can say is read and learn from these guys, they know their stuff. Thanks for being there for us noobs.

By not using the majic spray andbusing the hardener, you are not in bad shape, the hardener will improve the gloss retention and durability CONSIDERABLY.

• Like 3

tractorhogg
On 12/15/2015 at 5:16 PM, bob's toy said:

By not using the Majic spray and by using the hardener, you are not in bad shape, the hardener will improve the gloss retention and durability CONSIDERABLY.

• Like 3

Magne
6 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

...and boy...did it turn out great Magne.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

large.20151003_153749.jpg.205cab4a8be06d

The paint is 2k akrylik serie 670 from spies hecker. (Axalta)

• Like 4

Magne
On 30.12.2015 at 3:55 PM, tractorhogg said:

By not using the Majic spray and by using the hardener, you are not in bad shape, the hardener will improve the gloss retention and durability CONSIDERABLY.

You make the best choice . Paint with hardener is the best choice 365 days of the year:text-happynewyear:

• Like 1