TunaSlayet

Kwik way loader at work

TunaSlayet

Here are some action shots of my loader bringing in some fire wood for the winter. Always surprises me what the little guy can do. For those who are on the fence about getting a wh loader, it was a sound investment for me, and has save me a lot of hard work.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5

C-101plowerpower

nice herd there in down under:lol:

• Like 6

elcamino/wheelhorse

I liked the way that log moved your horse, what size motor is on the log?

• Like 2

WHX??

Wicked traction on them tires to make em stick upside down...:ychain:

• Like 3

953 nut
7 hours ago, C-101plowerpower said:

down under

:ROTF:                                          :ychain:                                                      :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

KC9KAS

I have a laptop so turning it upside down is easy, but my wife thinks I am looking at a centerfold when I turn it 90* :text-lol:

• Like 3

TunaSlayet

Hahah! I know. I have no excuse either. I can't figure out why it posts them upside down. The tractor has a M20. Just ordered a louvre red hood, and LSE decals. I'll try this again...

image.jpeg

• Like 4

JC 1965

Wow  !!   :jaw:  I could use one of them. Great pics, thanks for sharing.    :thumbs2: 

WHX??

Really...great way to put a log on sawbucks for making firewood. :handgestures-thumbupright:

AMC RULES

Looks like that bucket is developing quite the smile too.  :lol:

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Forest Road

Looking good! I never would've thought to move logs like that. Thank you!

muz123

Nice herd you got there! 

TunaSlayet

I know, the bucket had a decent bow when I bought it. I had tried straightening it with a steel beam, some large clamps, and a floor jack, and it worked for a while. It seems to bend again after moving a few yards of crushed stone. Out of ideas here? If anyone knows a way of keeping the cutting edge true, please fill me in. I have already added gussets to the top deflector to add strength, but I think the whe bucket is just kinda weak.

doc724

If you want to keep the cutting edge true, weld another 1/2 thick plate of the same width as the original cutting edge under the existing one.  The section modulus (geometric property) of the cutting edge is a cubic function of the thickness and a linear function of width.   If the original cutting edge is 1/2 in thick, adding another 1/2 inch will increase its resistance to bending by 8 times

• Like 1

953 nut

:twocents-02cents:                 If you do weld a plate to the bucket proceed with caution, Stitch weld it, skipping two inches for each inch of weld. If you were to do a continuous bead of weld it would cause it to warp. Even if you clamped it to something sturdy the heating on one side will cause it to warp.

• Like 2

Rollerman

Nice & I agree,  if you have one....you will find things to use a loader for that make them extremely handy & hard to give up.

• Like 2

Olratlr

Thanks for sharing now I want one tee hee.