RedRanger

My 4th Wheel Horse...this year.

DougC

Nice new addition and some really good pictures as well.      :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Nice horse!!  Does it grind a little when you put it in gear.  Looking at that chopped up belt guard.  :eusa-think:

RedRanger
Just now, stevasaurus said:

Nice horse!!  Does it grind a little when you put it in gear.  Looking at that chopped up belt guard.  :eusa-think:

I don't know.  Engine is so cold blooded and the temp was about 30 degrees.  We could only get it to fire and run for a few seconds.

Haven't driven it.  Seller said it clutched fine, but we know how that goes.

Doesn't matter to me.  As soon as I have time to get it fired up and tuned, I'm listing the engine for sale.

He's running the trans pulley on the engine and found a different wheel horse pulley for the trans.  I will ride it once to see what kind of speed it gets.  ;)

You've got a 702.

Can you confirm how tall your seat spring is?  I think the one on this tractor is wrong.

Also-what other models run the same belt guard?

AMC RULES

Good lookin' new addition to your :wh: herd.

• Like 1

Brian01

Whats up with the left outside dual?x155.thumb.jpg.00bb5724b24bc3f61d2c5ed28

stevasaurus

Sure...my seat spring is 8 3/4" from the bottom of the spring to the top.  I do have a piece of 2/4 on top of the spring to make the seat a little higher.  My Dad and I are both taller then 6'.  I did not catch the bad welding job you have there, until you said that.  It looks like my welds.  LOL  The pulleys should be 2 1/2" on the engine and a 4" pulley on the input shaft.  I would think that the belt guards off of the 701, 502, 552, 702, 603, 633, 653, 753, maybe 953, 704, 854.  I would go to the manual section and check out IPL's and part numbers.  Somewhere, here, there is a site to put in a part number and it will tell you what horses it fits.

You would really want to check out the Tecky horses I listed above, that guard could be a little different.  :)

• Like 1

RedRanger
1 hour ago, Brian01 said:

Whats up with the left outside dual?x155.thumb.jpg.00bb5724b24bc3f61d2c5ed28

????  What do you mean?

stevasaurus

I see it...in the 3rd picture...wheel looks loose or something like that.  :)

RedRanger
13 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

I see it...in the 3rd picture...wheel looks loose or something like that.  :)

Magical illusion.  All 4 tires are 6-12, but two different brands.  Inners are about a year old and outers are brand new.  They are straight and tight, but camera angles makes them look weird.

Depending on angle, sometimes the outers look shorter or smaller than the inners and sometimes taller.  Sometimes they look crooked unless you look at them directly from the rear or front.

Duals are just magical.

I have to say, I thought duals looked silly on these little tractors until I saw AMC's collection.  Sweet!

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/gallery/image/10036-603-dually/10036-603-dually

Edited by RedRanger
  • Like 1

Pullstart

That's a slick lookin' ride you've got there!

• Like 1

Brian01

Just strap it to a pallet n ship to 65704, I'll take good care of it! ;)

• Like 1

rjg854

Sweet tractor, nice purchase, enjoy it, I know I would :D

• Like 1