tractorhogg

Wheel Horse D series Front AG Tires

tractorhogg

Along with a set of Dexter or shorty 4 bolt hubs these 4.00-10" wheels/tires will keep the front level with the back when using larger rear tires (26"-30") and give better ground clearance 1-2 finger steering and less wear on your steering/axle. The hubs also use automotive style tapered timken bearings which further reduce axle wear and improve handling one washer behind the bearing seal and one in front of the bearing takes up all the slack on the axle needed as the Dexter hubs are 4-1/2" from back to front. I don't recommend these for a tractor also used as a mower as the deck may not raise and lower properly. I generally recommend buying another D series (or other GT) to mow with.

4.00-10 tri-rib.jpg

Edited by tractorhogg

callum12

i've done the same with Agri-800, I used 8" wheels being a smaller tractor. 
all i can say is:
:wwp: of the wheel horse and his new shoes!!

Callum

tractorhogg

In using the 8 inch tri-ribs you have the choice of using the wider turf tire rims or a narrow rim if have a older tractor, or you can choose the rim you want, but they look different depending whether you had a 16x6.50-8 tire and wider rim or a 4.00 or 4.80-8 tire and narrow rim. The use of hubs is mandatory for the 10" or 12" if you use them because they do not come in a wheel that contains bearings. If you do opt for a hub I like BMIKarts billet aluminum 4 bolt hub as it use 1-5/8 precision sealed bearings. I used a 5.70-8 tire on this Wheel Horse as I wanted a tire that would match up to the Maxxis Ceros rear tire which is a dual purpose turf light AG tire, not a full blown bar lug AG. You have to be careful in purchasing hubs, the Bolens in the pictures below with the red rims has a 5 inch axle spindle, but the Wheel Horse only has a 4-1/2, the smaller tractor usually have around a 3-1/4 inch long axle spindle, that's why I use the billet aluminum hub on the shorter axles as it is 2-1/2 and I can use a 3/4" locking collar on either the inside or outside to position the wheel to line up with the rear tire which could be wider or narrower due to rims or direction the rim was mounted. 

20150929_144015.jpg

20150929_170524.jpg

20150929_175934.jpg

DSCF3724.JPG

DSCF3725.JPG

Edited by tractorhogg
  • Like 2

Trouty56

In using the 8 inch tri-ribs you have the choice of using the wider turf tire rims or a narrow rim if have a older tractor, or you can choose the rim you want but they look different depending whether you had a 16x6.50-8 tire and wider rim or a 4.00 or 4.80-8 tire and narrow rim. The use of hubs is mandatory for the 10" or 12" f you use them because they do not come in a wheel that contains bearings. If you do opt for a hub I like BMIKarts billet aluminum 4 bolt hub as it use 1-5/8 precision sealed bearings. I used a 5.70-8 tire on this wheel horse as i wanted a tire that would match up to the Maxxis ceros rear tire which is a dual purpose turf light AHG tire, not a full blown bar lug AG 

20150929_144015.jpg

20150929_170524.jpg

20150929_175934.jpg

DSCF3724.JPG

DSCF3725.JPG

I like those rears tires also.....

callum12
:text-coolphotos::text-coolphotos:
using hubs opens you up to a whole host of wheel sizes and with it different tyres.  
Callum 
  • Like 1

tractorhogg
:text-coolphotos::text-coolphotos:

using hubs opens you up to a whole host of wheel sizes and with it different tyres.  

Callum 

That's right, you can use 8", 10", or 12" rims in a variety of widths and a variety of different tires, or tyres, if you buy them over there. it also saves spindles and steering components