Rexemouse

Need to identify this single stage snowblower?

Rexemouse
I cannot figure out what this single stage snowblower fits.  The guy I bought it from told me it would fit C and 300/400/500 tractors, but the pulley and PTO don't even come close to lining up.  The blower is 36" wide with the wings, 30" without.  It has the steel wheels and cable rotating chute. There is a tag with serial no. 30543. Can someone help me identify this.

Thanks,

-Justin

WP_20151031_16_04_01_Pro1.thumb.jpg.67df

briankd

this is exactly what I just bought mine is a  1967 ST326 mounting mine on my 857

Rexemouse

Oh yea. Just saw your post. Mine and yours a little different. The pulley engagement mount looks to be a different design. The pulley is in the same place though. So I guess I'm stuck with this unit. If you were closer, I'd give it to you.

btw, my blower only has one spur gear. I think that is the way the old units were designed.

WNYPCRepair

That one bolts through a hole in the end of the frame instead of the front attach a matic, or whatever the front one is called, I believe

Ed Kennell

Justin, what are those two rods that are wire tied together used for?

WNYPCRepair

The crank is obvious, but I'm with you, what is the one with the round knob for? It's connected to the chute wire guide with a nylon cable tie, but I can't figure out what it would do or where it would go. The lever on the side I have never seen either.

Edited by WNYPCRepair

Ed Kennell

Oh yea Brian,  I see it is tied to the chute cable guide. I thought it was tied to the rod below that that runs from the right side plate and disappears behind the chute. I wonder what that  rod is for also.
Also don't see any sign of belt tension pulleys.
Justin, we need more pictures.

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

I think I found it. 

The rod is a clutch rod, and the lever is a height adjustment. 

Screen_Shot_2015-11-06_at_11.06.13_PM.th

Starts at around page 12.

• Like 1

squonk

Yes the round knob lever is the engagement lever. The little tab on that rod engages near where that knob is sitting to keep the blower disengaged. Look at the pic in the manual, the knob is pulled way back in the off position

Rexemouse

That is definitely it.  Here is another picture just for heck of it.  Looks like this is a pretty rare blower and specifically designed for a lawn ranger which may not have a PTO.  It definitely will not work on  C and 300/400/500 tractors.  I think the fellow who sold this to me may have been dishonest because he claimed he ran it it on a 300.  

WP_20150528_006.thumb.jpg.62181987b973c6

Ed Kennell

Thanks Brian, Mike, Justin.   Now it all makes cents, sense, and scents. :blink:    I have never seen one of these, but now when I do, I'll know what it is for.  Looks like it would work on my Commando 8 and 875.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

gwest_ca

If you want to check some other models these may also qualify.

The STR-324 for the Lawn Ranger did not come with the flat end plate extensions but the 6-3211 replacement in 1968 did.

ST-325 had the flat end plate extensions
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/430-snowthrower-32in-1965-st-325-om-ipl-snpdf/

ST-326 had the flat end plate extensions
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/2777-snowthrower-32in-1966-1967-st-326-om-ipl-snpdf/

These models had one idler sprocket for the chain.

When the 10hp and larger models came along the snowthrowers went to 37" and used two idler sprockets. This was when the extensions with the bend in the front entered production and were optional in 1972-73. In 1974 they came with the snowthrower making it 42".

Garry