diamondred

Snowblower lift helper

diamondred

I would like to share this idea to help take some of the weight which the snowblower/thrower adds to the front, and add it to the rear. While also making the blower easier to lift. I know some of you use the spring to help with lifting, but most of its tension is when the blower is in the down position. I ran the cable directly through the cable tube and not using the rock shaft. Ran it it through a pulley (NOS idler I had) which is connected to the "attach-o-matic" and back to the bottom hole in the lift arm. While the flag is in the upper hole of the lift arm, the weight that is in  the rear, is connected to he bottom hole giving the added weight a little better mechanical advantage. So the weight in the back is actually helping to lift the weight in the front.

20151104_145000.jpg

20151104_144348.jpg

20151104_144611.jpg

Edited by diamondred
Video won't post.
  • Like 8

elcamino/wheelhorse

That is a great idea.  That would work with a snow blade also. I love it.

• Like 1

mikekot3

Cool Modification !!

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Now that has to be the best lift assist idea I have ever seen.  After all the posts and discussion about springs, winches, and electric actuators , You Sir, have figured it out.
A constant tension over the entire range of lift, a totally adjustable  tension, and the added advantages of increased load on the rear tires and less load on the fronts.

:greetings-clappingyellow::handgestures-thumbupright::text-thankyouyellow:

• Like 2

wallfish
:text-yeahthat:
  • Like 1

diamondred

Thank you , and I will take a bow on that one...Lol.    Although it does have a electric actuator kit in it, it still may not lift it when its full of wet snow.

We all have had this idea in our head at one time or another, especially
if you've every been on a TEETER-TOTTER 

can whlvr
:text-goodpost:
  • Like 1

bmsgaffer

Thats a fantastic idea!

For videos, post them to youtube and link here.

• Like 1

C-85

This is the kind of post that I like the best and another reason I love Red Square and this site!

Innovative ideas that are so simple, but no one has ever thought of this before, I sure didn't.

This is just brilliant!!!:):)

C-85

• Like 2

Racinbob

Now that there is a great idea! :handgestures-thumbupright:

What's up with the hood and steering tower indicating hydro but it's an 8-speed? :)

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 1

diamondred

Now that there is a great idea! :handgestures-thumbupright:

What's up with the hood and steering tower indicating hydro but it's an 8-speed? :)

Now that there is a great idea!

What's up with the hood and steering tower indicating hydro but it's an 8-speed?

9-12-15 693.jpg

9-12-15 738.jpg

9-12-15 764.jpg

20151107_160046 (1).jpg

Edited by diamondred
  • Like 1

roadapples

I agree, 'Nifty it is'.