546cowboy

What hppened to the Service Manuals?

546cowboy

It has ben a while since i regularly visited this site and what have you done to the manuals section? I can't find a useful manual on this new section. I need a service manual for a D-200. Speifically I need to look at the rear PTO pulleys and see if I can find one.

tunahead72

This might help (it's at the "Downloads" tab at the top of the page):
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/

Then look at the "Categories" listing on the right side of the page to (hopefully) find what you need.

--------

EDIT:  I missed Garry's post somehow, his link already narrows it down for you.

Edited by tunahead72

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Hi Lynne, good to see you. Its been a while.

Glenn

• Like 1

JC 1965

Welcome back Lynn.     :thumbs2:

546cowboy

You know I used  to use this site and the Toro site all the time for manuals. Then Toro screwed their site up and you can't get much of anything any more. Now in the last year  this site has gone to h//l when it comes to finding manuals. I don't know who is resposible for this change but it sucks (IMHO).

I don't see why it wasn't left the way it was when the old manuals section worked so well. Now you can't find a parts or service manual without hunting through every post that was ever written about any subject.

I will not be renewing my support come January bcause the site is useless to me. Now I am glad I had to sell all my Wheel Horses so I don't have to search the whole internet to find manuals. Though I guess the Wheel Horse groups on Yahoo may not have changed and I may find tem there.

stevasaurus

I totally disagree with Lynn.  I can find things now...where I could not before...and the search function is so much better.  All he really has to do is ask for a manual and Garry will put in the link.  Doesn't get any easier then that. :)
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 3

TDF5G

I look up manuals here all the time without any problem.  I took me a little time to get on to how they were listed, but I know my way around there now.  

• Like 2

JPWH

I've been here less than a year and I find the manuals easy enough.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

You know I used  to use this site and the Toro site all the time for manuals. Then Toro screwed their site up and you can't get much of anything any more. Now in the last year  this site has gone to h//l when it comes to finding manuals. I don't know who is resposible for this change but it sucks (IMHO).

I don't see why it wasn't left the way it was when the old manuals section worked so well. Now you can't find a parts or service manual without hunting through every post that was ever written about any subject.

I will not be renewing my support come January bcause the site is useless to me. Now I am glad I had to sell all my Wheel Horses so I don't have to search the whole internet to find manuals. Though I guess the Wheel Horse groups on Yahoo may not have changed and I may find tem there.

When you enter something in the Search box a new box appears to the left of it with "All Content plus a down arrow" Click on that down arrow and a drop down menu appears. If you are looking for a manual click on Files. Then the search will be done in the Files only.
When the results come up there is another drop down menu at the top of the first result on the right named "Sort by". Click on that and select "Relevancy"

Entering a model number in the search box for a tractor won't always bring up the results you want. In that case enter the model year and model name i.e. 1990 312-8 and sort by Relevancy. 

The Yahoo Manuals Groups are still there spread over about 30 Groups but are totally useless. I can't even figure out what files are there or where they are and I put them there. So far they haven't figured out their changes were not needed or wanted and will leave them to take up bandwidth for ever.

The old Yahoo Databases were the slickest thing since sliced bread and any member could use them. Some have 10,000 entries and the searched results would come in a second. In all their wisdom they decided a database should have a maximum of 1000 entries. Now I can't even use them and Yahoo considers it progress.

Garry

• Like 5

stevasaurus

I was outside giving this some thought today...and in this point I agree with cowboy...when you do a search anymore (even in  manuals) it searches the whole site and gives you 14 pages where, say like, 414-8 was mentioned.  Garry if what you are saying will narrow the search parameters to the "Manuals Section" only...that is a plus and maybe can take care of Cowboy's frustration.

Lynn, we went through a change of not only site but software.  We are not Forumer anymore, and we lost some data in the shuffle.  About the time you are talking about...Karl saved this site from loosing all of it's threads and bought a new place for us to be.  Sure we have had some changes, and some for the better.  If you look around on the site, you will see what I am talking about.  Gwest is the Manuals Moderator and he is also from the Yahoo groups...it is all here and the Yahoo Groups are not the same as you remember either.  Lynn, you can do what you want, but if you give this a chance (and I do not think you did) I think you will find this the same friendly place it always was...and if you are looking for something...we will find it for you.  I do not take kindly to anybody talking bad about this site, and not giving it a chance to prove itself.  I do not think you gave it a chance.  :eusa-think:

You want a manuals site..that is nothing but????  Here it is.  You get what you pay for. 
http://www.mywheelhorse.com/modules.php?name=Docs&do=show_doc&id=1

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 2

Brian01
:angry-chillpill: ?   :confusion-shrug: ... :eusa-shifty: .....:greetings-cya: