TDF5G

YIPES! Bought another one!

TDF5G

I need help.  I think mental help.  I've bought 3 WHs in 4 weeks.  

Got this one Saturday from my uncle.  We've been discussing this for quite some time now and finally got together.  1981 C -105 8 speed.  She runs but smokes and the muffler is rusted out.  Seat is roached. Plastic fender pan not in great shape, needs a little body work.  But she's all there and original. Needs a good clean up, he's been using it on the farm for cutting/hauling wood. Also got the owners manuals, 36" side discharge mower deck w/idler pulley support and belt, 42" Dozer blade that looks to be complete but it's been sitting outside, wheel weights and chains.  He made me a great deal on it.

He has another WH, 1992 310-8, we couldn't make a deal on it.  I made offer, he came down a little, I went up a little, still too far apart.  He's gonna try and get more $ out of it.  I may end up with it if it doesn't sell.  The mower deck is rusted out on it, but it runs great.  He's always owned WH and would have bought a new one if they were still in production.  He got a new one of those yellow and white things named after a baby bear.

This makes 5 WH tractors for me that I currently own.  I started out with one, B-80 which I've had and used for 20 years.  The deck was rusted out and in searching for that I ended up buying a B-100 in great condition early this summer (with a good deck), got it running and got interested in fixing up another one, and I keep finding good deals on them I hate to pass up.    It must be an illness.  The basement is getting full and I need to quit spending Saturdays chasing down tractors and spend time working on them. 

C-105 001.JPG

C-105 002.JPG

C-105 003.JPG

C-105 004.JPG

Edited by TDF5G
  • Like 9

Bert

Great score :woohoo: You don't have a problem till you reach ten, gotta be over twenty for it to be a serious issue :ychain:
But at that point why stop:ROTF:

• Like 7

TDF5G

I forgot to mention, I got a spike harrow also.  Please see my post in the implement forum.

roadapples

Nice haul! Off subject, but don`t you guys need license plates on your trucks out there? I like that one better anyway.

• Like 1

TDF5G

Nice haul! Off subject, but don`t you guys need license plates on your trucks out there? I like that one better anyway.

In Missouri, licensed for 18,000 lb and up, only front plate is required.  

Edited by TDF5G
  • Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Thats ok, your normal here with us. Your absolutely  sane. 

Glenn

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor

The Blackhoods are my favorite. And the C-105 seems to have been the most popular. 

• Like 3

Wheel-N-It
Quit spending your Saturdays chasing down tractors and working on them?!?!?!? Have you gone mad??? :ychain::P
Noce Black Hood  BTW !
  • Like 4

Brian01

lol,  been to the doctor? I believe he's got the "Fever".

• Like 1

TDF5G
Quit spending your Saturdays chasing down tractors and working on them?!?!?!? Have you gone mad??? :ychain::P

Noce Black Hood  BTW !

I may have worded that not so well.  I mean that I need to spend time working on tractors, which I'm looking forward to, and quit running around buying more of 'em! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Noce Black Hood  BTW !

I may have worded that not so well.  I mean that I need to spend time working on tractors, which I'm looking forward to, and quit running around buying more of 'em! :rolleyes:

LOL, Doing both is the norm around here :D

• Like 2

TDF5G

lol,  been to the doctor? I believe he's got the "Fever".

I think I've had the fever for many decades actually.  I'm just now succumbing to it.  :)

Linder

Looks like a worker to me ,Id put it in one of my stalls any day!

• Like 4

857 horse

Its not somthing in the water.......its not an addiction.....

Its conviction !!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

AMC RULES
Nice :wh: black hood score there.  :eusa-clap:
Them metal 3, 4, 500 series fender pans...
makes for a nice upgrade.
     :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

My 82' C-105 welcomes yours to the herd!

BTW - Mine smokes a lot too - at first...Then she settles down and runs just fine after its nice and warm... Others on this forum recommended Shell Rotella T1 sae 30 oil and it made a big difference...

Enjoy!

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 1

TDF5G
Nice :wh: black hood score there.  :eusa-clap:
Them metal 3, 4, 500 series fender pans...
makes for a nice upgrade.

:handgestures-thumbupright:

Yep, gonna have to track down one of those.  Thanks.  There is a chunk gone of the left rear corner that is not shown in the pics.

My 82" C-105 welcomes yours to the herd!

BTW - Mine smokes a lot too - at first...Then she settles down and runs just fine after its nice and warm... Others on this forum recommended Shell Rotella T1 see 30 oil and it made a big difference...

Enjoy!

May have to try that. Thanks I need time to play with it and see if it needs overhaul.  

Edited by TDF5G

ACman

I know how you feel , bought RJ58 , RJ59 , 2-702s and a charger ten in the last two months!

• Like 3

TDF5G

Its conviction !!!!!!!!!

Maybe a disease?

roadapples

Its conviction !!!!!!!!!

Does this mean were all gonna be convicted?

• Like 1

JackC

If you can't smoke it, drink it, or shoot it, then it is perfectly OK.

• Like 1

WHX??

Can't be showin plates when yer horse thievin :ph34r:

• Like 3

TDF5G

Got it running last Saturday.  Needs a fuel pump and a muffler.  Low on power but very little smoke.  My uncle used it on the farm for feeding and cutting wood.  Needs a trip to the car wash and a seat.

Found out it's a 1980 not 1981. Drove it around a bit. Transmission works great.  Very solid tractor and steering is very tight.  May be worth an overhaul.  

IMG_3713.JPG

IMG_3712.JPG

Brian01

i have 24k license on mine . haul anything I want round Missouri... LoL

• Like 1

TDF5G

I tow a 35' 5th wheel camper with my Silverado 2500.  I have 18K license.  I should be under that.  

• Like 1