RedRanger

Tombstone Weight value

RedRanger

Anybody else watch the Ebay auction that ended yesterday for this Original tombstone weight with handle and a damaged mounting bracket?  I expected it to go for about $275-$300.  Went over $400!  Holy Cow!

What's a normal price for one of these?
Shouldn't that bracket also have another cross bar to cradle the weight????
tombstone.thumb.jpg.0205055a15505d8c1895tombstone_top.thumb.jpg.b3cfc43bea46d1d7tombstone_rear.thumb.jpg.c609cbf4d29b2df

Edited by RedRanger

dpriceute

I was watching it too. It was listed on Craigslist in Altoona, PA a couple weeks ago for around $90 and didn't last long.  That was a pretty good flip!  

• Like 1

slice15061

was listed on Pitttsburgh, PA for 150 I contacted seller 2 hours after he posted it and it was sold.

here i was thinking 150 was steep.

RedRanger

Some people have more money than sense.  

• Like 2

fireman

Some people have more money than sense.  

Ain't that the truth!

• Like 2

Ken B

Here is what happens.. Some guy really wanted it and his PayPal account had the dough in it, probably from small stuff he sold that he really didn't care about so he stepped up. I have no issue with that. Here's the problem, now every clown out there thinks that is what they are now worth. Doubt that, at the end of the day its just a giant paper weight.

• Like 6

857 horse

um,,,,    you have another one for $150.00???    i will take 2 .................No kidding

DTOM

I was surprised also at the extreme sale price. My question is about how many versions of the Front Weight Assembly "tombstone" they made?  I have a couple original manuals on it and it doesn't show the handle style. The manual i have is 8-1221 dated 7-1969 and the picture show it mounted on a GT-14 with one or two weights. We have all seen them mounted on different wheel horses as the weight carrier can be easily fabricated from wheel horse. I assume the handle version came later after customers complaining about pinched fingers:eek:. The person that is making the reproduction ones, do they have a handle or handle less?   

• Like 2

Aldon

For the fella who wants something to finish a project or something, I agree with Ken, it's worth it to the purchaser. No harm in true supply and demand. The fella selling it just happened to sell it at peak demand. The problem is that there are many who will now swear every weight is worth the same. Similar to tractors. Someone sells a cherry low hour Cseries for 14-1500 and then many head to Craig's list and post their poor condition worn out tractor for same value. Frustrating but supply and demand will eventually demand prices lower

• Like 2

RedRanger

This was kind of my point.  Repops for $150-$200-totally reasonable to me and I'd like to get one.
Original worth a bit more, but $400.....  Crazy.

• Like 2

AMC RULES
FWIW...   :twocents-twocents:
in the five years I've been looking at :wh: auctions on Ebay...
this is the first time I've seen one(original, or reproduction)come up there.  
:confusion-shrug:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

DTOM

I notice the reproductions don't have a hole on the bottom for the retaining pin. Does anyone else have any literature on the front weight?

• Like 1

AMC RULES
Think you could you post a copy of yours here?    :eusa-clap:

DTOM

1444093916513-968029699.jpg

• Like 3

DTOM

Can anyone else provide concrete information, paperwork, and or pictures on the Front Weight. Would like to continue this topic for possible other history.

• Like 2

WHX??

I think the really weird thing is that someone would pay 400 for it and not be a true WH junkie meaning not a member here??? Or maybe he is and just not goin to fess  :hide: up that he had to pay that for an orginal?

Where do you come up with them awesome pics and even awesomer tractors AMC??? You either got wayyyyy too much money or time on yer hands!!!

• Like 5

RedRanger

Any of us could buy one of the re-pops, leave it out in the weather for a year, and sell it on Evil-bay for $400 now!  evilgrin0010.gif

AMC does have some sweet tractors!  :bow-blue:

Edited by RedRanger
  • Like 3

AMC RULES
Thanks guys.   :handgestures-thumbsup:
  • Like 1

squonk

I got my BRRLY repop last year. Won it at a fund raising auction for a member here with health issues. 

Ok Craig, there better be one of your sweet tractors in this pic next year! :):ychain:

001.thumb.JPG.ba78f97b59c062236888fd154d

• Like 1

AMC RULES
What's the matter with the Skonk tractor there... :scratchead:
not pretty enough to be invited in under the canopy? 

squonk

Skonk was the "Mode  de Transport" all week. If I remember correctly that pic was taken moments after arriving back to home base from one of our many jaunts ! Notice the front weight to keep the wheelies to a minimum! :lol: I had a plow behind the 704 and cart behind the RJ. Lots of shuffling to keep fitting Skonk under the roof. No worries he spent each night under cover with his bud's. Skonk is my favorite ride! :)

Edited by squonk

montess85

Where do you find these reproduction weights?

squonk

Member here BRRLY1 had them done at one time. I don't know if he plans on getting more done or not.

AMC RULES
He's in the member list...
PM'd you his contact info.