goblbustr

dually advice

goblbustr

Alright gents, gonna start my c 120 and c160 refurbs soon and was going over some ideas. The one thing I am just not sure about are duals. I am going to completely tear down and redo both tractors, one at a time of course, and get that new car smell back into them but they will be workers (pulling a plow, tilling, disk, cultivators). With that said, after doing some searching on the site I am finding that there are some concerns about duals. Now I am not sure what I want to do. I sure as heck love the looks of them but I'm not sure about the risk of snapping an axel or cracking a caseing. Have any of you used duallys as workers and if so have you had any issues or have you known of any one that has? What would you do?

Ed Kennell

Put the duals on your parade horse and leave the singles on the workers.     If you want more traction, load the tires, add wheel weights, ags, and dual link chains.:twocents-02cents:

• Like 3

can whlvr

I agree,duals look great but put a lot of extra stress on the axles

AMC RULES
I can honestly say...      :confusion-shrug:
I've never had an axle issue, running duals. 
But, if you've got weak axle seals, and don't know it...  
:blink:
running a set of duals will definitely help you figure that out.  
IMG_0916.thumb.JPG.89a992f99330662a72506IMG_0917.thumb.JPG.4be6d2f3781612e64acde 

• Like 1

Sparky

I think the only reason anyone needs duals is for stability, there is no gain in traction. So a loader-machine or a tractor used to mow hillsides is about it. I suppose the cool looking factor is another reason.
Mike.........

• Like 2

alswagg

I have a set of dual ags which are also filled with antifreeze for my loader back hoe.  This gives me 4 26" matching ags filled with liquid an extra 500 lbs if you count the weight of the dual tires and wheels.  I add these when I am using the loader a lot very easy to install.  I use a dual wheel ring kit designed for a ditch witch trencher.  

• Like 2