jde853

Just picked up a snow plow and a little confused

jde853

Between my sector channel and the index lever there is a hole in the frame that I'm guessing is supposed to guide a cable that allows the blade to rotate left and right. There is something missing from this  hole that will keep the cable from rubbing and eventually breaking. This is my first time seeing a wheel horse plow and I can't find a photo of this particular one to identify the missing part. I am assuming there should be a cable that controls these parts, not sure because it didn't come with this blade. Hoping someone can give me an idea as to how to get this blade to rotate left and right or maybe refer me to product center.

Model  6411
Serial   552402

Thanks in advance

IMG_0635.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG

squonk

I an't tell for sure but it looks like you're missing the rod that goes on the handle down to the triangle part. Is there a lever on the top of the handle?100_7868.thumb.jpg.3b8b7167f85c3fb8610e4

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

Ed Kennell

Typically there is a solid wire (1/8" dia I think) that is fastened to the blade angle locking pin and passes thru the hole in the frame and is connected to the triangular shaped yoke. Another wire connects the yoke to the squeeze handle on the top of the blade angle adjusting lever.  I see you have the yoke, but I can't see if you have the squeeze handle at the top of the lever.

• Like 2

gwest_ca

Believe the 6-411 should be 6-4111 for 1968 or 6-4112 for 1969. In 1969 this was a completing kit sold at the time along with a blade.in a separate package which could have been a 42" or a 54" for the large tractors.

1968 IPL for the 6-4111 Complete blade
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/1199-blade-dozer-42in-1968-6-4111-om-ipl-snpdf/

1969 IPL for the 6-4112 Completing kit
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/2446-blade-dozer-42in-1969-a-frame-6-4112-completing-package-ipl-snpdf/

1968 and 1969 are the only years where the 552402 serial number fits.
In 1970-1973 there was a model 6-4113 and in 1974 a model 6-4114

Garry

• Like 1

dcrage

Can't tell from your pictures but I believe you are missing the wire rod (like 9 gauge in diameter?) that comes from the lever at the top of the blade handle and goes down to hook on one corner of the triangular piece in front of the handle on the plow frame -- There should be a similar wire rod  running from the triangle to the front to index the blade -- Looks like it is there in your 1st photo, in the 2nd photo the rod I see there looks to be too big for this function -- So I am not sure what I am looking at -- Your concern is about these rods "wearing"?? -- That wire rod will not abrade -- Mine lasted 30+ years -- I replaced it here a couple of years ago but I can't remember what the issue was -- It sure didn't break from rubbing on the frame -- The replacement that I obtained came from Toro

You need to have parts #17 and #19 shown in Gary's reply for  6-4112 Completing kit

Edited by dcrage
  • Like 1

squonk

If you need the wire, ceiling grid wire works just fine! :)

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

Just noticed you have the lower wire rod.  It just needs straightened out and connected to the front hole in the triangle piece. Then make a similar wire to connect the rear hole in the triangle to the squeeze handle at the top of the blade angle lever.     It sounds like you were thinking of using one cable to connect the locking pin to the handle.  That could possible work, but you would have to add a pulley where the triangle is now located so the effective length of the cable would remain constant regardless of the position of the blade angle lever.  That is why the triangle and blade angle lever pivot points are located at the same point.

• Like 1

ronhatch

I used a throttle / choke cable for mine.  Works great!