msdhomeplans@gmail.com

Need help Appraising my 1965 wheelhorse Tractor

msdhomeplans@gmail.com

Hello

I have this tractor that has been in my family for a long time.  I used to plow driveways with it for money as a 10 year old.   I believe it is a 1965 Wheel Horse lawn ranger.  I am trying to figure out how much it is appraised for or how much it would cost to fix it up to make it into the tractor it should be.   

This past winter I replaced the hoses, spark plug, added chains, changed the oil and did some overall work on it.  It has always been garage stored.  

Here are some pictures.

Any help would be appreciated.  

Thank You 

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

• Like 7

AMC RULES
As is...    :eusa-clap:
looks like it's all the tractor it ever needs to be. 

:WRS:
Value...I'm thinking, somewhere in the $3-500 range...
depending, of course...on how it runs, and your location. 

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

953 nut
:WRS:     That is a very nice family member you have there, well cared for and loved. You didn't tell us where you live and that can have a an impact on the value.
:text-welcomeconfetti:
  • Like 1

msdhomeplans@gmail.com

Thank you for the help.  I live in Cleveland Ohio.  I have it outside in these photos, but it has always been kept in our garage.  I have always wanted to fix it up and find parts that need to be replaced if it is not worth selling.  

• Like 1

AMC RULES
With :rs:on your side...    :handgestures-thumbupright:
finding :wh: parts shouldn't be any problem, what does it need?  

Terry M

Looks to be in good shape!!   If it was mine, I'd just clean it and repair whats needed to make it run.   Most of the cost would probably go into the engine and maybe the unidrive trans.

Whens the last time it ran...and how well did it run? 

• Like 1

slammer302

I think it looks great as it is. PRICELESS :text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

WHX??
:text-yeahthat:  I would say 3-4 Franklins on the market, maybe 5 if someone is really looking to add a LR to his collection. Priceless if it's been in your family that long.....

953 nut

Ohio is a good location for :wh: enthusiasts, between Indiana, Ohio and Pennsylvania you have about half of the :wh: universe. With that many interested people you could probably be able to find buyer at $ 350 to $ 500 with the blade.  :twocents-02cents:     Hope you will keep it, after all it has been a family member all these years. 

• Like 1

msdhomeplans@gmail.com

It runs great.  All it really needs is a new seat and knobs for throttle and choke.  Maybe new front tires.  

• Like 2

slammer302

I believe there is a guy in the vendors section that makes new seat covers and eBay usually has throttle and and choke cables for sale

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Digger 66

I think it looks great as it is.

D I T T O ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Welcome to Red Square 

• Like 1

msdhomeplans@gmail.com

Everyone here has inspired me to fix it up and pass it down.  Can someone tell me the paint color that is common for this tractor?

• Like 1

953 nut
:text-yeahthat:      There is no official Wheel Horse Red, most of us use the International Harvester Red for the body and Antique White for the wheels. If you have a paint gun it is best to ad a hardener to the paint.         :woohoo:
  • Like 2

HorseHead1089

if you want her to look better before picking her totally apart and restoring her, rustoleum regal red is a nice slightly darker shade of red.

Pullstart

welcome to the forum!  'fore too long, you'll be using those trusses on the ground to house the other tractors you'll be snatching up soon!

AMC RULES
I wouldn't repaint it...besides it's only original once in it's life time...
the factory applied work clothes it's wearing now actually look to be in pretty good condition. 
A little TLC applied to that little guy would really go a long way towards making it virtually look like new again.
  • Like 4

RedRanger
I wouldn't repaint it...besides it's only original once in it's life time...
the factory applied work clothes it's wearing now actually look to be in pretty good condition. 
A little TLC applied to that little guy would really go a long way towards making it virtually look like new again.

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

Ken B

I'm with the others, some cleaning and a little hand buffing and that Lawn Ranger will look awesome! New correct style seats I believe are available..As far as value... Believe it or not when the original paint is in nice condition such as yours seems to be repainting it could hurt the value... It is yours so suit yourself.

• Like 1