RHYNO1976

New guy

RHYNO1976

Hello everyone. I am new to this entire "world". Not just WheelHorse, but GTs entirely.  I have been researching and wanting one for a long time, mainly to plow snow for the neighborhood, but would love to restore it as well.  Hopefully I will be picking up a 1975 C-160 tomorrow.  Considering it is 40 yrs old...looks pretty good. I will post pictures when I get it. I live in the Peoria, IL area.  Let me apologise ahead of time, but I will be in need of many answers.  Until then, thanks. I am excited for tomorrow!!

• Like 2

JPWH

You have came to the right place. Go to the store and become a supporter and reap the many benefits available to you.
:text-welcomeconfetti: to:rs:

• Like 1

JC 1965

The C-160 is a great tractor.     :WRS:

• Like 1

RHYNO1976

1st question... I plan on picking the C160 up tomorrow.  How long is that machine with a snow blade attached?  I have a F150 pickup.  Will it fit???
Thank you!!

slammer302

it should fit

953 nut
:WRS:            If you are going to transport it with the plow on the  :wh:  be sure to back it into the truck bed, they tend to be tail heavy.  :twocents-02cents:

bmsgaffer

Welcome! Dont apologize for asking questions. Though there is a HUGE amount of information here able to be obtained by searching, if you cant find it or just want to chat, post away!

As I mentioned in the chat box, you probably wont have enough room for tractor, plow AND mower deck (unless you are a really clever stacker!) so I would recommend borrowing or renting a trailer. It is also MUCH safer than riding a big heavy tractor up ramps into a truck bed.

• Like 2

Sparky

Welcome!
I second the idea to get a trailer for that load.
Mike.......

semperfi8185

Waiting for pictures.

• Like 1

RHYNO1976

Hello all... I am now a proud owner of a 1975 C160.  Firstly... I know I have a great machine, secondly... I don't know how great but am looking forward to finding out.
It seems to me, to be all original... 16HP Kohler was rebuilt a couple of years ago.  It starts immediately, does not smoke.  It came with the plow, wheel weights, tire chains,
and the 48" deck.  The deck needs a lot of work such as spindles, but structurally it is solid.  She looks 40 years old, but in time, I will have fun restoring her to as close as
the original that I can.  It was a 2 owner.  The 81 year old man I bought it from, bought it in 1978.  It has about 620 hours.  I will post more pictures of the details...but here she
 is for now...  Oh yeah... It came with the original manuals... Trans, parts, owners, deck, and plow manuals.... All are in incredible shape... Ill post those as well.

20150912_152342.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES
Real nice thumper there...           :eusa-clap:
bet it was fun, passing the :wh: torch, huh? 
  • Like 2

RHYNO1976

It was very neat... Add to the fact that we are both Marines, separated by 40 years as well... My wife said, "Leave it up to you, 60,000 Craigslist adds and you find a Marine WheelHorse Owner"
Irony...

• Like 2

AMC RULES
Way to keep it in the family.   :handgestures-salute:
  • Like 1

semperfi8185

Way to go Ryno1976.  You have a real beast there.  It's the M2 of lawn tractors and it will do way more than mow and push snow.  You're going to have a lot of fun.

Your wifes comment comment cracks me up!

Semper Fi

• Like 1

can whlvr

:WRS: